Restoration Shaman in Shadowlands
Restoration shaman is one from six healer specializations in World Of Warcraft. Restoration shaman’s distinctive feature is that they are great healers for grouped allies and also they’re having a great number of strong and unique healer cooldowns. In every stage of this guide you will find enough information to be sure what to do in different situations while you are playing as a restoration shaman. We will tell you how to use your abilities correctly, what gear you have to use, what talents you have to choose and the role the covenant will play in your choice.
The main resource of Restoration Shamans is mana. They use his mana in his damage, healing and in subsidiary abilities.
Let’s look through strong and weak sides of this specialization:
- Great spot and stacked group healing.
- Can often cast while moving, using Spiritwalker’s Grace.
- Unique, powerful cooldowns – resurrecting, healing and strengthening.
- Great non-healing tools.
- Great damage deal without string mana costs.
- Mediocre sustained single-target healing and no tank cooldowns.
- Mediocre group healing in situations that force a large spread.
- Mediocre mobility, most healing comes from spells with high casting times.
- Mediocre survivability, no immunities or very high damage reduction defensive abilities.
The author of the guide is Llounal. I am playing World of Warcraft relatively short time, but I managed to try all the classes and I have get used in their mechanics. My RIO score is 3189. In mythic raids, I have taken part from BfA and I have gained Cutting Edge: Lady Jaina Proudmoore and Cutting Edge: N’Zoth the Corruptor.
Riptide – Restorative waters wash over a friendly target, instantly healing them and an additional healing over 18 sec. Healing Wave – An efficient wave of healing energy that restores a friendly target’s health. Healing surge – A quick surge of healing energy that restores a friendly target’s health. Healing stream totem – Summons a totem at your feet for 15 sec that an injured party or raid member within 40 yards every 2 sec.. Healing rain – Blanket the target area in healing rains, restoring health to up to 6 allies over 10 sec. Chain heal – Heals the friendly target, then jumps to heal the 2 most injured nearby allies. Healing is reduced by 30% with each jump.
Riptide – Restorative waters wash over a friendly target, instantly healing them and an additional healing over 18 sec.
Healing Wave – An efficient wave of healing energy that restores a friendly target’s health.
Healing surge – A quick surge of healing energy that restores a friendly target’s health.
Healing stream totem – Summons a totem at your feet for 15 sec that an injured party or raid member within 40 yards every 2 sec..
Healing rain – Blanket the target area in healing rains, restoring health to up to 6 allies over 10 sec.
Chain heal – Heals the friendly target, then jumps to heal the 2 most injured nearby allies. Healing is reduced by 30% with each jump.
Lightning bolt – Hurls a bolt of lightning at the target, dealing Nature damage. Flame shock – Sears the target with fire, causing Fire damage and then an additional Fire damage over 18 sec. Chain lightning – Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets.
Lightning bolt – Hurls a bolt of lightning at the target, dealing Nature damage.
Flame shock – Sears the target with fire, causing Fire damage and then an additional Fire damage over 18 sec.
Chain lightning – Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets.
Astral Shift – Shift partially into the elemental planes, taking 40% less damage for 8 sec. Spirit link totem – Summons a totem at the target location for 6 sec, which reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within 10 yards by 10%. Every 1 sec the health of all affected players is redistributed, such that all players are at the same percentage of maximum health. Healing tide totem – Summons a totem at your feet for 10 sec, which pulses every 2 sec, healing all party or raid members within 40 yards. Earth elemental – Calls forth a Greater Earth Elemental to protect you and your allies for 1 min. Earth Shield – Protects the target with an earthen shield, increasing your healing on them by 10% and healing them when they take damage. 9 charges. This heal can only occur once every few seconds. Earth Shield can only be placed on one target at a time. Only one Elemental Shield can be active on the Shaman at a time. Mana Tide Totem – Summons a Mana Tide Totem at the feet of the caster for 8 sec, granting 100% increased mana regeneration to party and raid members within 10 yds.
Astral Shift – Shift partially into the elemental planes, taking 40% less damage for 8 sec.
Spirit link totem – Summons a totem at the target location for 6 sec, which reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within 10 yards by 10%. Every 1 sec the health of all affected players is redistributed, such that all players are at the same percentage of maximum health.
Healing tide totem – Summons a totem at your feet for 10 sec, which pulses every 2 sec, healing all party or raid members within 40 yards.
Earth elemental – Calls forth a Greater Earth Elemental to protect you and your allies for 1 min.
Earth Shield – Protects the target with an earthen shield, increasing your healing on them by 10% and healing them when they take damage. 9 charges. This heal can only occur once every few seconds. Earth Shield can only be placed on one target at a time. Only one Elemental Shield can be active on the Shaman at a time.
Mana Tide Totem – Summons a Mana Tide Totem at the feet of the caster for 8 sec, granting 100% increased mana regeneration to party and raid members within 10 yds.
Astral recall – Yanks you through the twisting nether back to <Hearthstone Location>. Speak to an Innkeeper in a different place to change your home location. Spiritwalkers Grace – Calls upon the guidance of the spirits for 15 sec, permitting movement while casting Shaman spells. Castable while casting. Purify spirit – Removes all Curse and Magic effects from a friendly target. Far sight – Changes your viewpoint to the targeted location for 1 min. Ancestral vision – Returns all dead party members to life with 35% of maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat. Ancestral spirit – Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 35% of maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat. Ghost wolf – Turn into a Ghost Wolf, increasing movement speed by 30% and preventing movement speed from being reduced below 100%. Wind shear – Disrupts the target’s concentration with a burst of wind, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 3 sec. Purge – Purges the enemy target, removing 1 beneficial Magic effect. Hex – Transforms the enemy into a frog for 1 min. While hexed, the victim is incapacitated, and cannot attack or cast spells. Damage may cancel the effect. Limit 1. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts. Capacitor totem – Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that explodes after 6 sec to stun all enemies within 8 yards for 3 sec. Earthbind totem – Summons an Earth Totem at the target location for 20 sec that slows the movement speed of enemies within 10 yards by 50%. Tremor totem – Summons a Tremor Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that shakes the ground around it, removing Fear, Charm and Sleep effects from party members within 30 yards. Lasts 5 min. Water walking – Allows the friendly target to walk across water for 10 min. Damage will cancel the effect.
Astral recall – Yanks you through the twisting nether back to <Hearthstone Location>. Speak to an Innkeeper in a different place to change your home location.
Spiritwalkers Grace – Calls upon the guidance of the spirits for 15 sec, permitting movement while casting Shaman spells. Castable while casting.
Purify spirit – Removes all Curse and Magic effects from a friendly target.
Far sight – Changes your viewpoint to the targeted location for 1 min.
Ancestral vision – Returns all dead party members to life with 35% of maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.
Ancestral spirit – Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 35% of maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.
Ghost wolf – Turn into a Ghost Wolf, increasing movement speed by 30% and preventing movement speed from being reduced below 100%.
Wind shear – Disrupts the target’s concentration with a burst of wind, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 3 sec.
Purge – Purges the enemy target, removing 1 beneficial Magic effect.
Hex – Transforms the enemy into a frog for 1 min. While hexed, the victim is incapacitated, and cannot attack or cast spells. Damage may cancel the effect. Limit 1. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts.
Capacitor totem – Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that explodes after 6 sec to stun all enemies within 8 yards for 3 sec.
Earthbind totem – Summons an Earth Totem at the target location for 20 sec that slows the movement speed of enemies within 10 yards by 50%.
Tremor totem – Summons a Tremor Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that shakes the ground around it, removing Fear, Charm and Sleep effects from party members within 30 yards. Lasts 5 min.
Water walking – Allows the friendly target to walk across water for 10 min. Damage will cancel the effect.
Mastery: deep healing – Increases healing from your spells, based on the current health of your target. Lower health targets are healed for more. Reincarnation – Allows you to resurrect yourself upon death with 20% health and mana. This effect can occur only once every 30 minutes.
Mastery: deep healing – Increases healing from your spells, based on the current health of your target. Lower health targets are healed for more.
Reincarnation – Allows you to resurrect yourself upon death with 20% health and mana. This effect can occur only once every 30 minutes.
Upon reaching new levels, tiers of talents will open for you. You can select only one talent in row. Talents can affect abilities in different ways: new, replace old, passively modify various effects and spells. You can change talents in shrines or in resting areas, however, if there are no such places, you can use Tome of the Tranquil Mind and Codex of the Tranquil Mind, which will allow you to change talents within a minute. You cannot change talent, which is on CD, first you have to wait until it recharges.
Tier 1. 15 LVL.
- Undulation (passive). Every third Healing Wave or Healing surge heals for an additional 50%.
- Unleash Life. Unleashes elemental forces of Life, healing a friendly target and increasing the effect of the Shaman’s next direct heal by 35%.
*The best talent in tier is Unleash Life because it increases effectiveness of your healing spells and have little cooldown.
Torrent – the weakest talent of the tier and can be used only in situations where you have to move often, but also it is worse then other talants of the tier.
Unleash Life – most usable talent in the tier as it have a little cooldown, cheap in mana and increases your healing spells. It can be used in raids and in mythic+.
Tier 2. 25 LVL.
- Echo of the Elements (passive). Riptide, Healing stream totem and Lava burst now have 2 charges. Effects that reset their remaining cooldown will instead grant 1 charge.
- Deluge (passive). Healing Wave, Healing surge, and Chain heal heal for an additional 20% on targets affected by your Healing rain or Riptide.
- Surge of Earth. Consume up to 3 charges of Earth Shield to heal up to 6 allies near your Earth Shield target.
* The best talent of the tier is Echo of the Elements. This talent is good for mythic+ and raids as it incrases number of charges of the most usable spells.
Echo of the Elements – the best talent of the tier beacause it increases number of charges and is good in cooperating with other talantes.
Deluge – good talent of the tier for mythic+ as it increases the most usable abilities in this type of content.
Surge of Earth – this talent is the weakest talent of the tier because it isn’t cooperate with other talants and this talent have less benefit then others.
Tier 3. 30 LVL.
- Spirit wolf (passive). While transformed into a Ghost Wolf, you gain 5% increased movement speed and 5% damage reduction every 1 sec, stacking up to 4 times.
- Earthgrab totem. Summons a totem at the target location for 20 sec. The totem pulses every 2 sec, rooting all enemies within 8 yards for 8 sec. Enemies previously rooted by the totem instead suffer 50% movement speed reduction.
- Static charge (passive). Reduces the cooldown of Capacitor totem by 5 sec for each enemy it stuns, up to a maximum reduction of 20 sec.
* This tier doesn’t affect shaman’s healing abilities and it is situational. More often Spirit wolf talent is chosen beacause it give shaman mobility.
Spirit wolf – great talent wich is gives you survivability and mobility.
Earthgrab totem – situational talent, you can take it if you need additional crowd control.
Static charge – situational talent that helps to use crowd control more often.
Tier 4. 35 LVL.
- Ancestral Vigor (passive). Targets you heal with Healing Wave, Healing surge, Chain heal or Riptide‘s initial heal gain 10% increased health for 10 sec.
- Earthen Wall Totem. Summons a totem for 15 sec. Taken damage from each attack against allies within 10 yards of the totem is redirected to the totem.
- Ancestral Protection Totem. Summons a totem at the target location for 30 sec. All allies within 20 yards of the totem gain 10% increased health. If an ally dies, the totem will be consumed to allow them to Reincarnate with 20% health and mana. Cannot reincarnate an ally who dies to massive damage.
* All talents of the tier are great. However, the best talent is Earthen Wall Totem that can be used in both raids and mythic+.
Ancestral Vigor – good talent that increases survivability of the allies.
Earthen Wall Totem – great talent in the tier with a little cooldown and it reduce damage to the group.
Ancestral Protection Totem – situational talent and it is usefull just in raid buttles.
Tier 5. 40 LVL.
- Nature’s Guardian (passive). When your health is brought below 35%, you instantly heal for 20% of your maximum health. Cannot occur more than once every 45 sec.
- Graceful Spirit (passive). Reduces the cooldown of Spiritwalkers Grace by 60 sec and increases your movement speed by 20% while it is active.
- Wind Rush Totem. Summons a totem at the target location for 15 sec, continually granting all allies who pass within 10 yards 60% increased movement speed for 5 sec.
* Talents of this tier dosen’t affect on shaman’s healing abilities and are subsidiary in battle. The choice in this tier is depends on situation.
Nature’s Guardian – great talent that is increases survivability of the shaman.
Wind Rush Totem – great talent that increases moving speed of the group.
Tier 6. 45 LVL.
- Flash flood (passive). When you consume Tidal Waves, the cast time of your next heal is reduced by 20%.
- Downpour. A burst of water at the target location heals up to six injured allies within 12 yards for (175% of Spell power). Cooldown increased by 5 sec for each target effectively healed.
- Cloudburst Totem (replace Healing tide totem). Summons a totem at your feet for 15 sec that collects power from all of your healing spells. When the totem expires or dies, the stored power is released, healing all injured allies within 40 yards for 30% of all healing done while it was active, divided evenly among targets. Casting this spell a second time recalls the totem and releases the healing.
- Cloudbusrt totem – the great talent of the tier that is increases outgoing healing.
Flash flood – good talent, but situational. It is accelerate cast of some healing spells.
Downpour – the weakest talent of the tier as it is costly in mana and can be usefull only when group is standing together.
Cloudburst Totem – good talent of the tier for raids and mythic+. It is accumulate your healing that can be activate at any time of the totems summon time and it is let you to heal group immideatly.
Tier 7. 50 LVL.
- High Tide (passive). Every 40% mana you spend brings a High Tide, making your next 2 Chain Heals heal for an additional 10% and not reduce with each jump.
- Wellspring. Creates a surge of water that flows forward, healing friendly targets in a wide arc in front of you.
- Ascendance. Transform into a Water Ascendant, duplicating all healing you deal for 15 sec and immediately healing. Ascendant healing is distributed evenly among allies within 20 yds.
* Choose in this tier is lies between Hight tide and Ascendance. Both of the talents are good but in different cases. High tide is great in raids and, if you are sure in your skill, in mythic+. Ascendance is good for mythic+ and is easier in use.
Wellspring – weakest talent of the tier. It is uncomfortable in use, need lot of mana and is very situational.
Ascendance – good talent of the tier for mythic+ that allows you imeadeatly heal your allies with a huge amount of health point. This talent is nice for affixes where you need heal your sllies fast or where you need a lot of group healing periodically.
Recommended talents builds
|15||Undulation or Unleash Life||Unleash Life|
|25||Echo of the Elements or Deluge||Echo of the Elements|
|30||Does not affect healing.
The choice depends on preference.
|Does not affect healing.
The choice depends on preference.
|35||Earthen Wall Totem||Earthen Wall Totem|
|40||Does not affect healing.
The choice depends on preference.
|Does not affect healing.
The choice depends on preference.
|45||Cloudburst Totem||Cloudburst Totem|
|50||High Tide or Ascendance||High Tide|
Notes for mythic+ talent build:
- On 15 level talent choose depends on your skill and affixes. In some cases the talent Unleash Life will be stronger then the talent Undulation as it instantly heals target and increases heal from your next spell. Undulation is more universal talent.
- On level 25 the talent Echo of the Elements is universal talent, that is usefull on all affixes. At that time the talent Deluge is more situational and can help you in fight where you need to heal single target more often.
- On level 50 the talent High Tide is universal. It usefull on all affixes and increases your healing. The talent Ascendance is grate in cases when you need to heal your group immediately because the group takes a lot of damage. The talent Ascendance can help you to heal group when Bursting affix is on.
Alternative variants for Mythic+ talent build:
- On 45 level, you may take Flash flood instead of the talent Cloudburst Totem. Flash flood is easier in use but the talent Cloudburst Totem will give you more healing, especially if it is in couple with the talent Echo of the Elements that gives 2 charges to it.
Alternative variants for Raiding talent build:
- On 15 level, you may take the talent Undulation if you need to heal single targets often.
- On 25 level, you may take the talent Deluge. This talent is good for fights where the huge part of the raid can be under the effect of your Healing rain.
- The choose of talents on level 35 is depends on situation. As a default, the talent Earthen Wall Totem is taken if you haven’t another recommendations from raid leader.
- On 50 level, you may take the talent Wellspring as it also gives great AoE healing. But it significantly give in to the talent High Tide. You also can fastly loose all of your mana if you use Wellspring often.
Main ability: Summon Steward – Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 20% of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities for 4 min.
Shaman’s ability: Vesper totem – Summon a totem at the target location for 30 sec. Your next 3 damage spells or abilities will cause the totem to radiate Arcane damage to up to 6 enemies near the totem, and your next 3 healing spells will heal up to 6 allies near the totem. Casting this ability again while the totem is active will relocate the totem.
Main ability: Soulshape – Turn into a Vulpin, teleporting 15 yards forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%. You may reactivate Soulshape every few sec to teleport again.
Lasts 12 sec, or indefinitely while in a rest area. Additional cosmetic forms can be earned and collected through a variety of gameplay. Soulshape options include Vulpin (default), Moth, Runestag, Unicorn, Teroclaw, Crane, Lion, Tiger, Hyena, Cobra, Dragon Turtle, Stag, Owlcat, Nightsaber, Raptor, Bear, Moose, Wolf, Feathered Drake, Wolfhawk, Hippogryph, Gryphon, Wyvern, Toad
Shaman’s ability: Fae transfusion – Transfer the life force of up to 4 enemies in the targeted area, dealing Nature damage evenly split to each enemy target over 3 sec. Pressing Fae Transfusion again within 20 sec will release 15% of all damage from Fae Transfusion, healing up to 4 allies near yourself.
Main ability: Flashcraft – Form a shield of flesh and bone over 4 sec that prevents damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Channeling near a corpse claims their essence to grow the shield, up to 50% of your maximum health. This is most effective against powerful enemies.
Shaman’s ability: Primordial wave – Blast your target with a Primordial Wave, dealing Shadow damage and apply Flame shock to an enemy, or heal an ally and apply Riptide to him. Next cast of the Healing Wave heals all targets with the effect of the Riptide.
Main ability: Door of Shadows – Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
Shaman’s ability: Chain harvest – Send a wave of anima at the target, which then jumps to additional nearby targets. Deals Shadow damage to up to 5 enemies, and restores health to up to 5 allies. For each target critically struck, the cooldown of Chain Harvest is reduced by 5 sec.
Raid: Necrolords > Venthyr >/= Kyrian > Night Fae
Mythic+: Necrolords >/= Venthyr > Kyrian> Night Fae
Most of the covenant abilities are equivalent to each otherfor Restoration Shaman. But Necrolords covenant talent Primordial wave is very strong talent with addition from Soulbind bonuses. Venthyr and Kyrian covenant are good too but their AoE healing is limited. The weakest covenant is the covenant of Night Fae.
After joining the covenant you can connect your soul with one of the representatives of the covenant – it calls soulbind. Their peculiarity lies in the fact that they endow an ally with special talents related to their covenant.
Also, during his adventures in the Shadowlands, the you will receive a variety of items that will give bonuses not related to the talents of the soulbind.
By 3 soulbinds will be offered to you from each covenant. They will have talent tree, which you can set as you wish. Each talent tree have fixed talents and universal talents for each specialization. You can connect talents by conduits. The last talent of the soulbinds tree is enhances the covenant ability.
You can have only one active soulbind, but you can easily switch them in shrines and resting areas.
You can activate 8 talents of the soulbinds. Opening of the talents is depends on the trust of the covenant to a player.
*Soulbinder’s priority is dependent on their abilities that affect your healing.
Raid: Kleia > Mikanikos >/= Pelagos
Mythic+: Kleia> Mikanikos >/= Pelagos
Raid: Dreamweaver > Niya > Korayn
Mythic+: Dreamweaver >/= Niya > Korayn
Raid: Emeni= Heirmir > Marileth
Mythic+: Emeni = Heirmir > Marileth
Raid: Theotar > Draven > Nadjia
Mythic+: Theotar > Draven > Nadjia
Now let’s look through the abilities of each soulbinds:
- Combat meditation – Activating your Kyrian class ability increases your Mastery for 10 sec and occasionally expels Sorrowful Memories. Walking through Sorrowful Memories extends this effect by 3 sec.
- Let go of the Past – Using a spell or ability reduces your magic damage taken by 1% for 6 sec. Using another spell or ability increases this amount by 1% when it is not a repeat of the previous spell or ability, stacking to 3%.
- Valiant Strikes – Your critical strikes grant you stacks of Valiant Strikes, up to 20. If a nearby party member drops below 50% health, you consume these stacks to heal them for 1% of their maximum health per stack. After healing this way, you may not benefit from Valiant Strikes for 1 min.
- Pointed Courage – Chance to critical strike is increased by 1% for every nearby enemy or ally, up to 5%.
- Resonant Accolades – When receiving healing while above 70% health or healing an ally that’s above 70% health, 4% of the healing done is repeated on the target over 5 sec.
Forgelite Prime Mikanikos
- Bron’s Call to Action – After using 90 damaging or healing spells and abilities, your next spell or ability summons Bron, who knocks enemies back on arrival and then attacks and heals your targets for 30 sec.
- Hammer of Genesis – Damaging a new enemy grants you 3% Haste for 10 sec, up to 5 stacks.
- Sparkling Driftglobe Core – When reduced below 35% health, you stun nearby enemies for 3 sec. This effect may only occur once every 45 sec.
- Grove Invigoration – Healing or dealing damage has a chance to grant you a stack of Redirected Anima. Redirected Anima increases your maximum health by 1% and your Mastery for 30 sec, and stacks overlap. Activating your Night Fae class ability grants you 8 stacks of Redirected Anima.
- Niya’s Tools: Herbs – Your healing spells and abilities have a chance to apply Niya’s Invigorating Herbs, increasing the target’s Haste by 5% for 10 sec.
- Niya’s Tools: Poison – Your interrupts apply Niya’s Paralytic Poison to your target, dealing Nature damage over 30 sec. Targets with Niya’s Paralytic Poison take an additional Nature damage if interrupted once more.
- Niya’s Tools: Burrs – Your damaging attacks and spells have a chance to toss Niya’s Spiked Burrs under your target. The burrs latch onto the first enemy to cross them, reducing movement speed by 20% and inflicting Nature damage over 6 sec.
- Podtender – When you take damage that would kill you, instead rejuvenate within a wildseed, regaining 30% of HP over 10 sec. If the wildseed takes more than damage during this time, you die. This effect may only occur once every 10 min.
- Social Butterfly – When at least 2 allies are within 8 yd, your Versatility increases by 3% for 5 sec. When this expires, 2 nearby allies gain 33% of this effect for 5 sec before passing it back to you.
- Empowered Chrysalis – 10% of your overhealing received or done remains as a shield on the target up to 10% of the caster’s health, lasting for 5 sec.
- Field of Blossoms – Activating your Night Fae class ability puts flowers at your feet for 10 sec that increase your Haste by 12% while you stand with them.
- Wild Hunt Tactics – Your damage to targets above 75% health and healing to targets below 35% health is increased by 10%. When your spells and abilities are enhanced this way, you gain 15% increased movement speed for 5 sec.
- Face Your Foes – When in front of your target, your spells and abilities decrease the damage they inflict on you by 3% for 2 sec.
- First Strike – Damaging an enemy before they damage you increases your chance to critical strike by 25% for 5 sec.
Plague Deviser Marileth
- Volatile Solvent – Using Fleshcraft with nearby corpses consumes their essence completely, granting a benefit based on the creature’s type.
- Plaguey’s Preemptive Strike – Your first attack or spell cast on an enemy increases your damage done to them by 10% for 10 sec. Limit 1.
- Ultimate Form – While channeling Fleshcraft, you are immune to crowd control and you regenerate 2% health every 1 sec. If you finish the full channel, you gain 4 sec of crowd control immunity, during which you regenerate 2% health every 1 sec.
Emeni, the Slaughter Daughter
- Lead by Example – Activating your Necrolord class ability increases your by 5% and up to 4 nearby allies’ primary stat by 2% for 10 sec. You gain 2% additional for each ally affected.
- Emeni’s Ambulatory Flesh – You may channel Fleshcraft while moving.
- Gnashing Chompers – Gain 3% Haste for 10 sec after defeating an enemy, up to 15%.
- Forgeborne Reveries – Your and Armor are increased by 1% for each enchantment on your armor, up to 3%. Upon death your armor anchors your soul, allowing you to fight for an additional 10 sec. During this time, your damage and healing done is reduced by 50% and you cannot receive healing.
- Serrated Spaulders – Inflict Shadow damage to your attacker over 5 sec when hit at melee range.
- Heirmir’s Arsenal: Marrowed Gemstone – After landing 10 critical strikes, you gain 18% increased chance to critical strike for 10 sec. May only occur once per 60 sec.
Nadjia the Mistblade
- Thrill Seeker – While in combat, you gain a stack of Thrill Seeker every 2 sec, or 4 stacks on killing an enemy. At 40 stacks Thrill Seeker is consumed to grant you Euphoria, increasing your Haste by 20% for 10 sec. Thrill Seeker decays rapidly while you are not in combat.
- Exacting Preparation – The benefits of Well Fed, Flask, and weapon enchant effects are increased by 20%.
- Dauntless Duelist – The first enemy you damage in combat is marked as your Adversary. You deal 3% more damage to them, and they deal 1.5% less damage to you. You may only have one Adversary at a time.
Theotar the Mad Duke
- Soothing Shade – Your spells and abilities have a chance to call Tubbins and Gubbins to your side for 12 sec, parasol in hand. Standing in the shaded area grants you Mastery.
- Token of Appreciation – Grant a shield that absorbs damage to allies who aid you with healing or beneficial magic effects. You will only shield each ally once every 20 sec.
- Refined Palate – The effects of combat potions last 100% to 200% longer.
- Wasteland Propriety – Activating your Venthyr class ability signals the start of tea time, granting 6% Versatility to you and 3% Versatility to up to 4 nearby allies. Lasts 10 sec.
- Service In Stone – Damage taken below 40% health is reduced by 10%. Upon death you leave a stone husk behind which shatters after 3 sec, inflicting 100% of your maximum health in damage split among nearby enemies, and healing for 100% of your maximum health split among nearby allies.
- Hold Your Ground – Standing still for at least 4 sec grants you 10% increased Stamina, and 4% increased healing done. This effect persists for 6 sec after you start moving.
- Superior Tactics – Successfully interrupting an enemy or dispelling an ally increases your critical strike chance by 10% for 10 sec. This may only occur once every 30 sec.
- Built for War – While you are above 80% health you gain 1% every 3 sec, stacking up to 4 times. If you fall below 50% health, this effect is lost.
You can get conduits by different ways. Some of the conduits are universal, but some conduits are unique for each class and specialization.
Conduits are divided into 3 types:
Best potency conduits
- Swirling Currents – Using Cloudburst Totem or Healing stream totem increases the healing of your next 3 Healing Wave, Healing surge, or Riptide spells by 20% (Depending on the rank of the conduit healing increases by 20% – 40%).
- Heavy Rainfall – Using Healing tide totem increases the healing of your Healing rain by 75% for 20 sec. (Depending on the rank of the conduit healing increases by 75% – 145%).
- Tumbling Waves – Primordial wave has a 20% chance to not incur its cooldown. (Depending on the rank of the conduit the chance increased by 20% – 40%).
- Essential Extraction– Fae transfusion cooldown is reduced by 25.0 sec. (Depending on the rank of the conduit cooldown decreases by 25-40 sec.).
- Lavish Harvest – The critical strike chance of Chain harvest is increased by 10.0% (Depending on the rank of the conduit the chance of critical strike increases 10% – 17%).
- Embrace of Earth – Earth Shield increases your healing done to the target by an additional 5% (Depending on the rank of the conduit healing increases by 5% – 12%).
- Astral protection – Reincarnation‘s cooldown is reduced by 3 min, and reincarnating instantly grants you Astral Shift.(Depending on the rank of the conduit cooldown decreases by 3 – 10 min).
- Refreshing Waters – Your Healing surge is 15% more effective on yourself (Depending on the rank of the conduit healing increases by 15% – 30%).
- Vital Accretion – Your Earth elemental increases your maximum health by 20% (Depending on the rank of the conduit the amount of maximum health increases be 20% – 40%).
- Crippling Hex – Enemies affected by your Hex deal 8% reduced damage for 8 sec after Hex is removed (Depending on the rank of the conduit duration of the debuff increases by 8 – 15 sec.).
- Spiritual Resonance – Bludlust/Heroism grants you 4 sec of Spiritwalkers Grace (Depending on the rank of the conduit duration of the effect increases by 4 – 18 sec.).
- Thunderous Paws – Ghost wolf increases your movement speed by an additional 10% for the first 3 sec. May only occur once every 60 sec. (Depending on the rank the amount of haste increases by 10% – 40%).
- Totemic Surge – The cooldowns of Tremor totem, Earthbind totem, and Capacitor totem are reduced by 1 sec. (Depending on the rank the cooldown decreases by 1-15 sec.).
Legendaries will once again appear in Shadowlands. Professions can create legendary items. Each profession has its own legendary item. To create legendary items, you need to open the rune carver, which is located in the Torgast tower, and then get materials for creating legendary items. Obtained materials will allow you to create a Legendary Power that can be inserted into existing equipment. Some legendary items can permanently wear Torgast’s anima.
To create legendary items in Shadowlands you need:
- Basic items of equipment of the required level
- 2 scrolls of characteristics
- Ashes of the soul
- Rune Carver Memory – recipe for legendary equipment, corresponding to the equipment in the slot
Basic items are templates from which legendary items are created. Legendary items can be crafted by Blacksmiths, Jewelers, Tailors and Leatherworkers. Recipes can be found all over the world in high-level content. The legendary item does not become personalized after creation and can be sold or purchased at the auction.
Legendary items are giving a special bonus to class talents.
In total there are 16 legendary items that are available for Restoration Shaman.
Best Legendary items
- Mythic+: Chains of Devastation (neckless/chest) — Casting Chain heal makes your next Chain lightning instant cast. Casting Chain Lightning makes your next Chain Heal instant cast.
- Raid: Primal Tide Core (helmet/gloves) — Every 4 casts of Riptide also applies Riptide to another friendly target near your Riptide target.
Good legendary items
- Spiritwalker’s Tidal Totem (cloack/legs) — After using Mana Tide Totem, the cast time of Healing Wave and Chain heal is reduced by 50%, and the mana cost of Chain Heal and Healing Wave is reduced by 40% for 10 sec.
- Jonat’s Natural Focus (belt/legs) — Healing Wave and Healing surge increase the healing done by your next Chain heal by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.
- Earthen Harmony (cloack/chest) — Earth Shield healing is increased by 300% if your Earth Shield target is below 50% health, and Healing Wave adds a stack of Earth Shield to your target, up to 9 maximum stacks.
Other legendary items
- Ancestral Reminder (bracers/rings) — Bludlust/Heroism last an additional 20 sec on you, and you gain an extra 10% Haste from any Bloodlust type effect.
- Deeply Rooted Elements (helmet/shoulders) — Casting Riptide has a 5% chance to activate Ascendance for 6 sec.
- Deeptremor Stone (bracers/boots) — Earth elemental has a permanent Earthquake attached to it.
- Echo of Eonar (Waist/ Wrist/ Finger) – Your spells and abilities have a low chance to summon a spiritual familiar to your side, increasing your damage by 10%, healing by 10% or damage reduction by 10% for 10 sec based on your role. This effect is duplicated on up to 3 allies at 50% effectiveness, preferring allies with the same role.
- Judgment of the Arbiter (Wrist/Hands/Finger) – Dealing damage has a high chance to release a blast of spiritual energy for Shadow damage. If another ally who bears the Judgment of the Arbiter is within 5-20 yards of you, the blast will also arc to them, dealing Shadow damage to enemies in the arc.
- Maw Rattle (Legs/Feet/ Hands) – Killing an enemy has a high chance to summon an Explosive Mawrat at the corpses location. After 6 sec the mawrat will explode, dealing Nature damage to all nearby enemies, poisoning them and decreasing their damage done by 5% for 10 sec.
- Norgannon’s Sagacity (Legs/ Feet/Back) – Casting a spell grants Sagacity, stacking up to 10 times. When you move, you are able to cast while moving for 0.5 sec for each stack of Sagacity.
- Sephuz’s Proclamation (Neck/Shoulder/Chest) – Reduce the effectiveness of crowd controlling effects by 10%. Successfully applying a loss of control effect to an enemy, interrupting an enemy, or dispelling any target will increase all your secondary stats for 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.
- Stable Phantasma Lure (Neck/Wrist/Back) – Increases Phantasma earned by 25%. Looting Phantasma from enemies has a chance to summon a Phantasma Demon which will begin running in a random direction. Killing it increases Phantasma earned for the entire party by an additional 10% for 1 min.
- Third Eye of the Jailer (Head/ Shoulder/ Waist) – Killing an enemy grants you the Third Eye, increasing your by 1% for 10 sec, stacking up to 7 and increasing the duration by 1 sec for each additional stack. The duration of the Third Eye is increased by 50% while in the Maw.
- Vitality Sacrifice (Head/Shoulder/Chest) – Taking significant damage from a player or Elite enemy increases your damage and healing by 3% of the damage taken, up to a maximum of 9% for 20 sec. This effect can only occur every 30 sec.
Shaman’s healing is oriented on summoning totems and casting healing spells.
- Use Riptide on injured allies
- Use Earth Shield to target that is taken straight damage
- If healing of Riptide isn’t enogh use Healing Wave or Healing surge
- For maintaining health of the group use Healing rain
- Use Chain heal if you need to heal some targets
- If it possible apply to targets Flame shock and Lava burst if the Lava surge activates
*Expected that you will use recommended talents
- Try to maintain Riptide on allies and use it by cooldown
- If your group takes little damage use Chain heal to injured targets (Chain heal is the main ability in the raid)
- If some allies takes a lot of damage use Unleash Life to the most injured target
- Then use Chain heal to the most injured target
- If there are expected a lot og damage to the raid activate Cloudburst Totem befor this damage and try to generate as much healing as possible, but control your mana
- Besides Chain heal and Riptide remember to use Healing rain if allies are standing together
- Also remember to use Healing stream totem
- Apply Earth Shield to active tank, if raid doesn’t need much healing
Remember about your safe cooldowns:
- Spirit link totem – very strong safe ability for raid and group if allies are standing together. This totem heals allies and distribute health between allies.
- Mana Tide Totem – use this totem when your mana (if you are in group) or if mana of all healers in raid is low
Compared to raids gameplay in Mythic+ is changing because there is no long battles and the problem with mana regeneration doesn’t appears.
*Expects that you will use the recommended talents for mythic+
- If there is little damage to group, apply Riptide on the allies or use Healing rain if all group takes damage
- Maintain Earth Shield on the tank.
- If the healing from the Riptide and the Healing rain isn’t anough use to allies Chain heal of Healing surge (depends on situation)
- Use Chain heal and Healing stream totem if the group takes average damage
- If there will be great damage to the group activate Cloudburst Totem and try to heal allies as much as possible befor they take damage or Healing tide totem while the group is taking damage
How to use CDs:
Spirit link totem — strong group-safe ability that allows you immediately heal allies while they are taking huge damage. Use it few seconds befor the group takes damage.
Astral Shift – use it if you are taking a lot of damage.
Healing tide totem – is used when the group takes a lot of damage and when your atraight healing isn’t enough.
Earth elemental – usefull in large group of enemies because it provoke them on itself and by that reduce damage to tank or group.
Race bonuses for the shaman are not significantly affect on the shaman’s healing that is why you may choose the race by your will.
Dwarf, Draenei, Kul’Tiran, Dark Iron Dwarf, Pandaren.
*The most selectable and strong among alliance’s shamans are considered to be Dwarfs and Draeneis.
Goblin, Tauren, Orc, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Troll, Troll, Vulpera, Mag’har Orc, Pandaren.
* The most selectable and strong among horde’s shamans are considered Taurens, Highmountain Taurens and Zandalari Troll(Paku).
Basic priority of stats
Intellect> Critical Strike=/> Versality> Mastery > Haste
*This priority is good for raids and mythic+
Despite the existing priority of characteristics, you should not always adhere to it, since everything depends on your current equipment. All secondary stats for Discipline priest provide very similar healing benefits.
Why the priority is looks like that:
Intellect is primary stat that is used by Restoration shaman. Spell force depends on it.
Critical strike increases the chance to deal critical damage and healing. Due to the passive effect Tidal waves that increases your critical chance and also talents that are accumulate and increases healing, critical strike becomes the most usefull secondary chrecteristic that increases your healing.
Versality increases your damage and direct healing. Beecause most of shamans healing skills are related on direct healing and accumulating of this healing this characteristic can increase your hps.
Mastery increses effectivnes of your healing based on the current health of your target that increases your healing too, but less then versality did.
Haste gives weakest increase to shaman’s healing and that is why least priority than other charecteristics have. It gives little increase to speed of spellcast but insignificant in comparing with other healers.
Additional methods to increase charecteristics:
Weapon: Celestial Guidance
Cloak: Soul Vitality
* If you are having problems with mana, you can use Eternal Bounds, which increase your overall mana.
Bracers: Eternal Intellect
Rings:Tenet of Critical Strike
Oils: Embalmer’s Oil
- Potions that are effective with the Embalmer’s Oil: Potion of Sacrificial Anima, Potion of Divine Awakening
Flasks: Spectral Flask of Power
The best equipment and Trinkets
* At the moment, we are considering only the pre-raid best gear.
- Empyreal Ordnance (+mastery) Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
- Boon of the Archon (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Both types of content:
- Siphoning Phylactery Shard (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon The Necrotic Wake, Spires of Ascension.
- Vial of Spectral Essence (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
- Soulletting Ruby (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
- Sunblood Amethyst (+haste) Loot from Dungeon Halls of Atonement.
- Elementium Bomb Squirrel Generator (+critical strike) Loot from Dungeon De Other Side.
Weapons and off-hand
Encrusted Canopic Lid – Shield. Loot from Dungeon The Necrotic Wake.
Surgical Pustule Extractor – Dagger. Loot from Dungeon Plaguefall.
Ritual Commander’s Ring – Loot from Dungeon The Necrotic Wake, Spires of Ascension.
Ring of Perpetual Conflict – Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
Fleshfused Circle – Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
Ritual Bone Band – Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
Legs: Blightborne Chain Legguards – Loot from Dungeon The Plaguefall.
Boots: Striders of Restless Malice – Loot from Dungeon The Necrotic Wake.
Head: Rattling Deadeye Hood – Loot from Dungeon The Necrotic Wake.
Shoulders: Plagueborne Shoulderguards – Loot from Dungeon Plaguefall.
Cloaks: Drape of Twisted Loyalties – Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Wrists: Tortured Assistant’s Bindings – Loot from Dungeon Plaguefall.
Waists: Belt of Wretched Manipulations – Loot from Dungeon Plaguefall.
Neck: Azure-Venom Choker – Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Chest: Forsworn Stalker’s Hauberk – Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Gloves: Grips of Overwhelming Beatings – Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
* Information about the ratio and force of the trinkets will appear soon.
It is worth acquiring a mouseover macros for all healing abilities, defencive and Subsidiary abilities, that is, when using the spells, they are applied to the targets located under the mouse cursor. For instance:
#showtooltip Surge/cast [@mouseover] Surge
Mousover macros for apply DoT:
#showtooltip/cast [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists] Flame Shock/cast [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists] Flame Shock
If it is not important in battle on whom to hold the Flame shock, then this macros, when pressed, will automatically find the most convenient target and impose DoT on it:
#showtooltip Flame shock /cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead] Flame shock
Silense with modification. While you are pinching Shift the ability will be used to the memorized target.
/cast Wind shear [mod:shift,@focus]
Simulationcraft – This addon simplifies the process of creating your profile in Simcraft for you character.
Raider.IO Mythic Plus and Raid Progress – This addon allows you to look through the information about your and other players score in Mythic+ and Raids. It allows you to see this information in game. Also you can find the information on Raider.IO: https://raider.io.
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) – helps to track bosses mechanics in fight.
Mythic Dungeon Tools – this addon allows you to plan the path in mythic+ and look through the affixes.
Angry Keystones – this addon automaticly insert the mythic key into the mythic dungeon bowl and also helps to track timers of the dungeon pass and shows accurate % of the defeated enemy forces.
ElvUI – this addon allows tou to tune your interface as you wish.
BigDebuffs – these addon increses ikons of debuffs of enemies and allies.
Decursive – this addon simplifys detection of the debuffs on allies and dispel them.
Astral Keys – this addon allows you to look through mythic keys on your charecters and on charesers of your friends. Also it helps to show your keys in chat and look through the information about best run in mythic+ of your guild and friends.
Exorsus Raid Tools – helpful addon for raiders. It allows you to look through the information about group, battle notes, cooldowns, and addons and allows logging the fight.
Hekili – this addon is a helper that can give you recommendations for rotation by a few steps ahead. It works by collecting information from action priority list (APL), that is similar to Simcraft, and then reccomed you the rotation that you have to use.
GTFO – this addon beeps when you are standing in place where you shouldn’t stay. In some cases, you will be alerted before you’ll take damage. It improves your situational awareness and is recommended for dungeons, mythic+ and raids.
WeakAuras – this addon allows you to add and tune additional panels in your interface. It is very usefull in tracking cooldowns of abilities and items; in tracking procks and your resourse power. You can tune the panel yourself or download already prepared ones from the https://wago.io/.
Vuhdo – first of all, it displays the health of the raid participants in the form of clearly located bars on a separate panel. It also allows you to track information about other players and their resources in the group: health, mana and other types of power, buffs, debuffs, incoming healing, aggro, PvP status, tips, player tags (such as absence, disconnects, death), etc. With it, you can also customize the use of spells with a click of the mouse.
Clique – simplifies macros and allows you to create various combinations for spells.
You can install addons by downloading them from official websites and updating them yourself or yyou can download one of the programs CurseForge or Wowup.io. In this program you can view all installed addons and update them if a new version has been released.
- If you are playing with the talent Cloudburst Totem activate it in advance, before the damage will pass through the group. Advance activating allows you to collect the healing and burst it at the necessary moment. This totem you can also use in combination with the Healing tide totem.
- To conserve your mana try not to use Chain heal often, if your allies are not hurdly vounded.
- Use Riptide by CD.
This concludes our guide. We wish you an interesting and exciting journey through the vastness of Azeroth!