Discipline Priest is one from six healer specializations in World Of Warcraft. A great feature of Discipline Priests is that they absorb incoming damage and heal from the damage they deal. In every stage of this guide you will find enough information to be sure what to do in different situations while you are playing as a restoration druid. We will tell you how to use your abilities correctly, what gear you have to use, what talents you have to choose and the role the covenant will play in your choice.
The author of the guide is Llounal. I am playing World of Warcraft relatively short time, but I managed to try all the classes and I have get used in their mechanics. My RIO score is 3189. In mythic raids, I have taken part from BfA and I have gained Cutting Edge: Lady Jaina Proudmoore and Cutting Edge: N’Zoth the Corruptor.
The main resource of Discipline Priest is mana. Priest use his mana in his damage, healing and in subsidiary abilities.
Let’s look through strong and weak sides of this specialization:
- Absorbing damage
- High burst healing on a short cooldown.
- Strong cooldowns that decrease damage to group
- Strong at sustained spot healing in a raid setting.
- Provides significant damage, without sacrificing healing.
- Moderate mobility, being able to cast most of our spells on the move.
- Mistakes are more punishing compared to other healers.
- Have no strong cooldowns for self-safe
- Hard to heal solo targets especially if their no possibility of dealing damage
- Difficult to play, you need to be able to plan your actions
- Is weak for affixes in Mythic+ that require regular periodic healing
- Reactive, raid-wide, emergency heals are limited compared to other healing specs.
AoE – Area of Effect
Gcd – Global Cooldown
DoT – Damage over Time
DPS – Damage per Second
HPS – Healing per Second
Penance – average mana cost, channeled spell. 9 sec cooldown. Launches a volley of holy light at the target, causing Holy damage to an enemy or healing to an ally over 2 sec. Castable while moving.
Power Word: Radiance – mana costly spell; have 2 charges, 20 sec recharge. A burst of light heals the target and 4 injured allies within 30 yards for (62.5% of Spell power), and applies Atonement for 60% of its normal duration.
Shadow Mend – average mana cost. Wraps an ally in shadows, which heals but at a price the ally will take damage every 1 sec, until they have taken total 50% of healing as a damage from all sources, or leave combat.
Smite – Smite an enemy, dealing Holy damage. Smite absorbs some damage dealt by the enemy.
Shadow word: Pain – average mana cost. A word of darkness that causes Shadow damage instantly, and an additional Shadow damage over 16 sec.
Mind Blast – mana costly spell. Blasts the target’s mind for Shadow damage.
Holy Nova – average mana cost. Causes an explosion of holy light around you, dealing Holy damage to all enemies and healing to all allies within 12 yds.
Mind Sear – Corrosive shadow energy radiates from the target, dealing Shadow damage over 3 sec to all enemies within 10 yards of the target.
Shadow Word: Death – average mana cost. A word of dark binding that inflicts Shadow damage to the target. If the target is not killed by Shadow Word: Death, the caster takes damage equal to the damage inflicted upon the target. Damage increased by 150% to targets below 20% health. Does not trigger Atonement
Power Word: Shield – Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing damage. You cannot shield the target again for 7.5 sec., because of the debuff Weakened Soul.
Rapture – Immediately Power Word: Shield your target, and for the next 8 sec, Power Word: Shield absorbs an additional 200% and may be cast on targets with Weakened Soul.
Power Word: Barrier – Summons a holy barrier to protect all allies at the target location for 10 sec, reducing all damage taken by 25% and preventing damage from delaying spellcasting.
Pain Suppression – Reduces all damage taken by a friendly target by 40% for 8 sec. Castable while stunned.
Desperate Prayer – Increases maximum health by 25% for 10 sec, and instantly heals you for that amount.
Shadowfiend – Summons a shadowy fiend to attack the target for 15 sec.
Mind Vision – Allows the caster to see through the target’s eyes for 1 min. Will not work if the target is in another instance or on another continent.
Resurrection – Brings a dead ally back to life with 35% health and mana. Cannot be cast in combat.
Mass resurrection – Brings all dead party members back to life with 35% health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.
Leap of Faith – Pulls the spirit of a party or raid member, instantly moving them directly in front of you.
Levitate – Levitates a party or raid member for 10 min, floating a few feet above the ground, granting slow fall, and allowing travel over water.
Mind Control – Controls a mind up to 1 level above yours for 30 sec while still controlling your own mind. Does not work versus Demonic, Mechanical, or Undead beings or players. This spell shares diminishing returns with other disorienting effects.
Mass dispel – Dispels magic in a 15 yard radius, removing all harmful spells from each friendly target and 1 beneficial spells from each enemy target. Affects a maximum of 0 friendly targets and 0 enemy targets. This dispel is potent enough to remove Magic effects that are normally undispellable.
Psychic Scream – Lets out a psychic scream, causing 5 enemies within 8 yards to flee, disorienting them for 8 sec. Damage may interrupt the effect.
Purify – Dispels harmful effects on the target, removing all Magic and Disease effects.
Dispel Magic – Dispels Magic on the enemy target, removing 1 beneficial Magic effect.
Shackle Undead – Shackles the target undead enemy for 50 sec, preventing all actions and movement. Damage will cancel the effect. Limit 1.
Power Word: Fortitude – Infuses the target with vitality, increasing their Stamina by 5% for 1 hour. If the target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
Fade – Fade out, removing all your threat for 10 sec.
Mind Soothe – Soothes the target, reducing the range at which it will attack you by 10 yards. Only affects Humanoid and Dragonkin targets. Does not cause threat. Lasts 20 sec.
Power Infusion – Infuses the target with power for 20 sec, increasing haste by 25%.
Upon reaching new levels, tiers of talents will open for you. You can select only one talent in row. Talents can affect abilities in different ways: new, replace old, passively modify various effects and spells. You can change talents in shrines or in resting areas, however, if there are no such places, you can use Tome of the Tranquil Mind and Codex of the Tranquil Mind, which will allow you to change talents within a minute. You cannot change talent, which is on CD, first you have to wait until it recharges.
Tier 1. 15 LVL. Talents that are affect on healing.
- Castigation (passive). Penance fires one additional bolt of holy light over its duration.
- Twist of Fate (passive). After healing a target below 35% health, you deal 20% increased damage and 20% increased healing for 10 sec.
- Schism. Attack the enemy’s soul with a surge of Shadow energy, dealing (129% of Spell power) Shadow damage and increasing your spell damage to the target by 40% for 9 sec.
*Schism the best choice for both progression raids and difficult dungeons. Schism provides an on-demand damage cooldown that, through Atonement, will also increase your healing output.
Castigation is a very situational talent. Not used.
Twist of Fate – nice talent for high mythic+ and raids if you can maintain it’s buff as long as u can. The best way to use in fights where you need to use your healing abilities more than damage.
Schism – the most useful talent in row as it gives as it gives a significant increase of damage and healing for a short period and allows you to deal significantly more damage for the entire battle.
Tier 2. 25 LVL. Utility talents.
- Body and Soul (passive). Power Word: Shield and Leap of Faith increase your target’s movement speed by 40% for 3 sec.
- Masochism (passive). When you cast Shadow Mend on yourself, its damage over time effect heals you instead, and reduces all damage you take by 10%.
- Angelic Feather. Places a feather at the target location, granting the first ally to walk through it 40% increased movement speed for 5 sec. Only 3 feathers can be placed at one time.
*Angelic Feather – the best talent in the row because gives the priest some mobility.
Body and Soul – worst talent in this tier. Power Word: Shield is used to absorb damage to allies, and due to the fact of Weakened Soul debuff it becomes problematic to accelerate yourself and allies at the right time.
Masochism – nice talent in fights without many movements. It gave additional survival to priest.
Angelic Feather – most useful talent in row. Priests are immobile and this talent deals with this problem.
Tier 3. 30 LVL. Talents that are affect on healing.
- Shield Discipline (passive). When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed, you restore 0.5% of your maximum mana.
- Mind bender (replaces Shadowfiend) Summons a Mindbender to attack the target for 12 sec. You regenerate 0.5% of maximum mana each time the Mindbender attacks.
- Power Word: Solace. Strikes an enemy with heavenly power, dealing (80% of Spell power) Holy damage and restoring 1% of your maximum mana.
*Power word: Solace – optimal choice in tier because it restores your mana, deal damage and doesn’t depend on situation.
Shield Discipline – not a bad talent in terms of restoring mana, however, due to the fact that Discipline priests heal through damage, the talent loses its advantage over other talents in the tier.
Mind bender – situational talent because you can’t use it by cd. You have to take care about your mana not to go overcap of it by this talent. In addition, Minbender is used for burst healing when you can’t heal the allies by your damage.
Power Word: Solace – doesn’t cost mana, dealing damage and restores mana. The best talent of the tier because it have no restrictions on use.
Tier 4. 35 LVL. Utility talents.
- Psychic Voice (passive). Reduces the cooldown of Psychic Scream by 30 sec.
- Dominant Mind. You may also control your own character while Mind Control is active, but Mind Control has a 2 min cooldown, and it may not be used against players.
- Shining Force. Creates a burst of light around a friendly target, knocking away nearby enemies and slowing their movement speed by 70% for 3 sec.
*This tier doesn’t effect on dealing damage, but the best talent is Shining Force cause of the additional variants of crowd control.
Psychic Voice – not bad talent as it’s make the possibility to control your enemies more often.
Dominant Mind – the most useless talent in tier. It effects only one creature and very limited in use. Also it have common dimension with other disorient effects.
Shining Force – good talent that helps to control enemies by knocking them away from target and slowing them. You can also interrupt the enemy.
Tier 5. 40 LVL. Talents that are affect on healing.
- Sins of the Many (passive). Your damage is increased by up to 12%, diminishing for each ally affected by your Atonement.
- Contrition (passive). When you heal with Penance, everyone with your Atonement is healed for (12.5% of Spell power).
- Shadow Covenant. Make a shadowy pact, healing the target and 4 other injured allies within 30 yds for (150% of Spell power). For 9 sec, your Shadow spells deal 25% increased damage and healing, but you cannot cast Holy spells.
*The choice for raids and mythic+ is between Shadow Covenant and Sins of Many. Shadow covenant increases your out of burst healing and heals targets without Atonement. It is better for raids. Sins of Many is better to use where you can heal the group by your damage.
Sins of the Many – best talent in row because it increases your damage.
Contrition – situational talent, good in cases where you can’t use your Penance for dealing damage (because the target is out of range).
Shadow Covenant – nice talent with short CD and good healing. Helps to heal group when you have no burst.
Tier 6. 45 LVL. Talents that are affect on healing.
- Purge the Wicked (replaces Shadow word: Pain). Cleanses the target with fire, causing (24.8% of Spell power) Fire damage and an additional (137% of Spell power) Fire damage over 20 sec. Spreads to an additional nearby enemy when you cast Penance on the target.
- Divine Star. Throw a Divine Star forward 24 yds, healing allies in its path for (70% of Spell power) and dealing (40% of Spell power) Holy damage to enemies. After reaching its destination, the Divine Star returns to you, healing allies and damaging enemies in its path again.
- Halo. Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands to a 30 yd radius, healing allies for (144% of Spell power) and dealing (103% of Spell power) Holy damage to enemies.
*All 3 talents are good, but depends on situation. More often is taken Purged the Wicked, as the 2 others are more situational.
Purge the Wicked – universal talent for raids and mythic+. It deals 10% more damage than Shadow word: Pain and have additional ability to damage other target.
Divine Star – good talent in situation where the allies are standing nearby to each other.
Halo – is better in situations where allies are standing separate from each other. Good for raids.
Tier 7. 50 LVL. Talents that are affect on healing.
*Lenience and Evangelism are good talent. Lenience – better for dungeons, Evangelism – better for raids.
Lenience – good talent for a small group where you can keep all your allies under the Atonement.
Spirit Shell – the weakest talent of the tier.
Evangelism – good for raids as you can maintain longer Atonement on allies.
Recommended talents builds
Game with Evangelism:
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference.
- Mind bender or Power Word: Solace
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Sins of the Many or Shadow Covenant
- Purge the Wicked or Halo
Game with Spirit Shell:
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Mind bender
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Sins of the Many or Shadow Covenant
- Purge the Wicked or Halo
- Spirit Shell
*Game with Spirit Shell or Evangelism in raid is equivalent. There is no answer what of the talents is better. So you have to look through the situation in battle to decide what talent build is better.The choice will depend on bosses timing: so Spirit Shellwill be in priority in battles where you need strong safe ability per 1 minute or in short battle with possibility to get ready long before the damage income (18-19 sec. before the damage). Game with Evangelism will be in priority where you deal with weak damage all the time or with average damage or if one or more bosses abilities are hitting the timer in 90 sec and consequently allows you to use 2 save cooldowns – Rapture and Evangelism.
- Schism or Twist of Fate
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Mind bender or Power Word: Solace
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Sins of the Many or Shadow Covenant
- Purge the Wicked
Rating of the covenant:
Raid: Ventyr >/= Kyrian > Necrolords > Night Fae
Mythic+: Kyrian > Ventyr >/= Necrolords > Night Fae
Main ability: Summon Steward – Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 20% of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities for 4 min.
Priest ability: Boon of the Ascended – Draw upon the power of the Ascended for 10 sec, granting you access to Ascended Nova, replacing Smite with Ascended Blast, and increasing movement speed by 50%.Upon expiration, releases an Ascended Eruption: Explode for up to (210% of Spell power) Arcane damage to enemies and (159% of Spell power) healing to allies within 15 yards, based on number of targets. Damage and healing increased by 3% for each stack of Boon of the Ascended.
Main ability: Soulshape – Turn into a Vulpin, teleporting 15 yards forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%. You may reactivate Soulshape every few sec to teleport again.
Lasts 12 sec, or indefinitely while in a rest area. Additional cosmetic forms can be earned and collected through a variety of gameplay. Soulshape options include Vulpin (default), Moth, Runestag, Unicorn, Teroclaw, Crane, Lion, Tiger, Hyena, Cobra, Dragon Turtle, Stag, Owlcat, Nightsaber, Raptor, Bear, Moose, Wolf, Feathered Drake, Wolfhawk, Hippogryph, Gryphon, Wyvern, Toad
Priest ability: Fae Guardians – Call forth three faerie guardians to attend your targets for 20 sec. Wrathful Faerie: Direct attacks against the target restore 0.5% Mana or 3 Insanity. Follows your Shadow word: Pain. Guardian Faerie: Reduces damage taken by 10%. Follows your Power Word: Shield.
Benevolent Faerie: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of a major ability by 100%. Follows your Shadow Mend.
Main ability: Flashcraft – Form a shield of flesh and bone over 4 sec that prevents damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Channeling near a corpse claims their essence to grow the shield, up to 50% of your maximum health. This is most effective against powerful enemies.
Priest ability: Unholy Nova – An explosion of dark energy infects enemies within 15 yds with Unholy Transfusion, and heals up to 6 allies for (119% of Spell power). Unholy Tranfusion Deals (250% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 15 sec. Allies who damage this target are healed for (4% of Spell power).
Main ability: Door of Shadows – Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
Priest ability: Mindgames – Assault an enemy’s mind, dealing (300% of Spell power) Shadow damage and briefly reversing their perception of reality. For 5 sec, the next damage they deal will heal their target, and the next healing they deal will damage their target. Reversed damage and healing restore up to 4% mana.
Kyrain has a great potential in healing and helps to cope with great damage. Because of the long recharge they are a little worse than Ventyr ability in raids. Despite this fact such moments that need a lot of healing in mythic+ are rare. So Kyrain is number one for mythic+. Allows you to deal a lot of AoE-damage.
Ventyr is a great choice for raid and a nice variant for mythic+. Ventyr’s ability also have a good synergy with spells Schism, Spirit Shell, Evangelism and Rapture that allows you to increase your healing. Mindgames deals a lot of damage and as it has 45 sec for recharge is good in synchronizing with priests abilities.
Necrolords can be good only for Mythic+ as their ability deals a lot of AoE-Damage.
Class ability of Night Fae doesn’t give any benefits to priests. Comparing it to other covenants shows that it is the worst choice.
After joining the covenant you can connect your soul with one of the representatives of the covenant – it calls soulbind. Their peculiarity lies in the fact that they endow an ally with special talents related to their covenant.
Also, during his adventures in the Shadowlands, the you will receive a variety of items that will give bonuses not related to the talents of the soulbind.
By 3 soulbinds will be offered to you from each covenant. They will have talent tree, which you can set as you wish. Each talent tree have fixed talents and universal talents for each specialization. You can connect talents by conduits. The last talent of the soulbinds tree is enhances the covenant ability.
You can have only one active soulbind, but you can easily switch them in shrines and resting areas.
You can activate 8 talents of the soulbinds. Opening of the talents is depends on the trust of the covenant to a player.
*Soulbinder’s priority is dependent on their abilities that affect your healing.
Raid: Pelagos >/= Kleia > Mikanikos
Mythic+: Pelagos >/= Kleia > Mikanikos
Raid: Korayn > Niya > Dreamweaver
Mythic+: Korayn > Niya > Dreamweaver
Raid: Marileth > Emeni > Heirmir
Mythic+: Marileth > Emeni > Heirmir
Raid: Draven >/= Nadjia > Theotar
Mythic+: Draven >/= Nadjia > Theotar
Now let’s look through the abilities of each soulbinds:
- Combat meditation – Activating your Kyrian class ability increases your Mastery for 10 sec and occasionally expels Sorrowful Memories. Walking through Sorrowful Memories extends this effect by 3 sec.
- Let go of the Past – Using a spell or ability reduces your magic damage taken by 1% for 6 sec. Using another spell or ability increases this amount by 1% when it is not a repeat of the previous spell or ability, stacking to 3%.
- Valiant Strikes – Your critical strikes grant you stacks of Valiant Strikes, up to 20. If a nearby party member drops below 50% health, you consume these stacks to heal them for 1% of their maximum health per stack. After healing this way, you may not benefit from Valiant Strikes for 1 min.
- Pointed Courage – Chance to critical strike is increased by 1% for every nearby enemy or ally, up to 5%.
- Resonant Accolades – When receiving healing while above 70% health or healing an ally that’s above 70% health, 4% of the healing done is repeated on the target over 5 sec.
Forgelite Prime Mikanikos
- Bron’s Call to Action – After using 90 damaging or healing spells and abilities, your next spell or ability summons Bron, who knocks enemies back on arrival and then attacks and heals your targets for 30 sec.
- Hammer of Genesis – Damaging a new enemy grants you 3% Haste for 10 sec, up to 5 stacks.
- Sparkling Driftglobe Core – When reduced below 35% health, you stun nearby enemies for 3 sec. This effect may only occur once every 45 sec.
- Grove Invigoration – Healing or dealing damage has a chance to grant you a stack of Redirected Anima. Redirected Anima increases your maximum health by 1% and your Mastery for 30 sec, and stacks overlap. Activating your Night Fae class ability grants you 8 stacks of Redirected Anima.
- Niya’s Tools: Herbs – Your healing spells and abilities have a chance to apply Niya’s Invigorating Herbs, increasing the target’s Haste by 5% for 10 sec.
- Niya’s Tools: Poison – Your interrupts apply Niya’s Paralytic Poison to your target, dealing Nature damage over 30 sec. Targets with Niya’s Paralytic Poison take an additional Nature damage if interrupted once more.
- Niya’s Tools: Burrs – Your damaging attacks and spells have a chance to toss Niya’s Spiked Burrs under your target. The burrs latch onto the first enemy to cross them, reducing movement speed by 20% and inflicting Nature damage over 6 sec.
- Podtender – When you take damage that would kill you, instead rejuvenate within a wildseed, regaining 30% of HP over 10 sec. If the wildseed takes more than damage during this time, you die. This effect may only occur once every 10 min.
- Social Butterfly – When at least 2 allies are within 8 yd, your Versatility increases by 3% for 5 sec. When this expires, 2 nearby allies gain 33% of this effect for 5 sec before passing it back to you.
- Empowered Chrysalis – 10% of your overhealing received or done remains as a shield on the target up to 10% of the caster’s health, lasting for 5 sec.
- Field of Blossoms – Activating your Night Fae class ability puts flowers at your feet for 10 sec that increase your Haste by 12% while you stand with them.
- Wild Hunt Tactics – Your damage to targets above 75% health and healing to targets below 35% health is increased by 10%. When your spells and abilities are enhanced this way, you gain 15% increased movement speed for 5 sec.
- Face Your Foes – When in front of your target, your spells and abilities decrease the damage they inflict on you by 3% for 2 sec.
- First Strike – Damaging an enemy before they damage you increases your chance to critical strike by 25% for 5 sec.
Plague Deviser Marileth
- Volatile Solvent – Using Fleshcraft with nearby corpses consumes their essence completely, granting a benefit based on the creature’s type.
- Plaguey’s Preemptive Strike – Your first attack or spell cast on an enemy increases your damage done to them by 10% for 10 sec. Limit 1.
- Ultimate Form – While channeling Fleshcraft, you are immune to crowd control and you regenerate 2% health every 1 sec. If you finish the full channel, you gain 4 sec of crowd control immunity, during which you regenerate 2% health every 1 sec.
Emeni, the Slaughter Daughter
- Lead by Example – Activating your Necrolord class ability increases your by 5% and up to 4 nearby allies’ primary stat by 2% for 10 sec. You gain 2% additional for each ally affected.
- Emeni’s Ambulatory Flesh – You may channel Fleshcraft while moving.
- Gnashing Chompers – Gain 3% Haste for 10 sec after defeating an enemy, up to 15%.
- Forgeborne Reveries – Your and Armor are increased by 1% for each enchantment on your armor, up to 3%. Upon death your armor anchors your soul, allowing you to fight for an additional 10 sec. During this time, your damage and healing done is reduced by 50% and you cannot receive healing.
- Serrated Spaulders – Inflict Shadow damage to your attacker over 5 sec when hit at melee range.
- Heirmir’s Arsenal: Marrowed Gemstone – After landing 10 critical strikes, you gain 18% increased chance to critical strike for 10 sec. May only occur once per 60 sec.
Nadjia the Mistblade
- Thrill Seeker – While in combat, you gain a stack of Thrill Seeker every 2 sec, or 4 stacks on killing an enemy. At 40 stacks Thrill Seeker is consumed to grant you Euphoria, increasing your Haste by 20% for 10 sec. Thrill Seeker decays rapidly while you are not in combat.
- Exacting Preparation – The benefits of Well Fed, Flask, and weapon enchant effects are increased by 20%.
- Dauntless Duelist – The first enemy you damage in combat is marked as your Adversary. You deal 3% more damage to them, and they deal 1.5% less damage to you. You may only have one Adversary at a time.
Theotar the Mad Duke
- Soothing Shade – Your spells and abilities have a chance to call Tubbins and Gubbins to your side for 12 sec, parasol in hand. Standing in the shaded area grants you Mastery.
- Token of Appreciation – Grant a shield that absorbs damage to allies who aid you with healing or beneficial magic effects. You will only shield each ally once every 20 sec.
- Refined Palate – The effects of combat potions last 100% to 200% longer.
- Wasteland Propriety – Activating your Venthyr class ability signals the start of tea time, granting 6% Versatility to you and 3% Versatility to up to 4 nearby allies. Lasts 10 sec.
- Service In Stone – Damage taken below 40% health is reduced by 10%. Upon death you leave a stone husk behind which shatters after 3 sec, inflicting 100% of your maximum health in damage split among nearby enemies, and healing for 100% of your maximum health split among nearby allies.
- Hold Your Ground – Standing still for at least 4 sec grants you 10% increased Stamina, and 4% increased healing done. This effect persists for 6 sec after you start moving.
- Superior Tactics – Successfully interrupting an enemy or dispelling an ally increases your critical strike chance by 10% for 10 sec. This may only occur once every 30 sec.
- Built for War – While you are above 80% health you gain 1% every 3 sec, stacking up to 4 times. If you fall below 50% health, this effect is lost.
You can get conduits by different ways. Some of the conduits are universal, but some conduits are unique for each class and specialization.
Conduits are divided into 3 types:
Best potency conduits
Best endurance conduits
Best finesse conduits:
Legendaries will once again appear in Shadowlands. Professions can create legendary items. Each profession has its own legendary item. To create legendary items, you need to open the rune carver, which is located in the Torgast tower, and then get materials for creating legendary items. Obtained materials will allow you to create a Legendary Power that can be inserted into existing equipment. Some legendary items can permanently wear Torgast’s anima.
To create legendary items in Shadowlands you need:
- Basic items of equipment of the required level
- 2 scrolls of characteristics
- Ashes of the soul
- Rune Carver Memory – recipe for legendary equipment, corresponding to the equipment in the slot
Basic items are templates from which legendary items are created. Legendary items can be crafted by Blacksmiths, Jewelers, Tailors and Leatherworkers. Recipes can be found all over the world in high-level content. The legendary item does not become personalized after creation and can be sold or purchased at the auction.
Legendary items are giving a special bonus to class talents.
In total there are 16 legendary items that are available for Restoration Shaman.
Best Legendary items
*Competitive property of the legendary item for raids
Good legendary items
*It finds its use only in Myrthic+, and will be a very good choice if there is a strong burst damage dealer in the group.
Other legendary items
- Crystalline Reflection (shoulders/hands) – Power Word: Shield instantly heals the target and reflects 20% of damage absorbed.
- Kiss of Death (feet/legs) – Reduces Shadow Word: Death‘s cooldown by 8 sec and causes its damage to trigger Atonement when used on targets below 20% health.
- Cauterizing Shadows (waist/feet) – Shadow word: Pain expires on a target, 3 allies within 30 yds of the target are healed for (55% of Spell power).
- Measured Contemplation (neck/chest) – For every 15 seconds that you do not cast Shadow Mend, the healing of your next Shadow Mend is increased by 50%. This effect can stack up to 4 times.
- Vault of Heavens (wrist/ring) – Leap of Faith instead causes you to leap to your target, and has 2 charges.
- Echo of Eonar (Waist/ Wrist/ Finger) – Your spells and abilities have a low chance to summon a spiritual familiar to your side, increasing your damage by 10%, healing by 10% or damage reduction by 10% for 10 sec based on your role. This effect is duplicated on up to 3 allies at 50% effectiveness, preferring allies with the same role.
- Judgment of the Arbiter (Wrist/Hands/Finger) – Dealing damage has a high chance to release a blast of spiritual energy for Shadow damage. If another ally who bears the Judgment of the Arbiter is within 5-20 yards of you, the blast will also arc to them, dealing Shadow damage to enemies in the arc.
- Maw Rattle (Legs/Feet/ Hands) – Killing an enemy has a high chance to summon an Explosive Mawrat at the corpses location. After 6 sec the mawrat will explode, dealing Nature damage to all nearby enemies, poisoning them and decreasing their damage done by 5% for 10 sec.
- Norgannon’s Sagacity (Legs/ Feet/Back) – Casting a spell grants Sagacity, stacking up to 10 times. When you move, you are able to cast while moving for 0.5 sec for each stack of Sagacity.
- Sephuz’s Proclamation (Neck/Shoulder/Chest) – Reduce the effectiveness of crowd controlling effects by 10%. Successfully applying a loss of control effect to an enemy, interrupting an enemy, or dispelling any target will increase all your secondary stats for 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.
- Stable Phantasma Lure (Neck/Wrist/Back) – Increases Phantasma earned by 25%. Looting Phantasma from enemies has a chance to summon a Phantasma Demon which will begin running in a random direction. Killing it increases Phantasma earned for the entire party by an additional 10% for 1 min.
- Third Eye of the Jailer (Head/ Shoulder/ Waist) – Killing an enemy grants you the Third Eye, increasing your by 1% for 10 sec, stacking up to 7 and increasing the duration by 1 sec for each additional stack. The duration of the Third Eye is increased by 50% while in the Maw.
- Vitality Sacrifice (Head/Shoulder/Chest) – Taking significant damage from a player or Elite enemy increases your damage and healing by 3% of the damage taken, up to a maximum of 9% for 20 sec. This effect can only occur every 30 sec.
Discipline Priest is a unique healer whose main trait is to deal damage for healing. Healing occurs by maintaining the effect of Atonement on allies.
That is why we can split Discipline Priests healing unto 2 phases: burst and mana conserve.
The burst phase consists of 2 stages: preparation and damage dealing.
In the first stage you use allies Atonement before they will take damage. So that at the moment of receiving damage, we can apply a damaging rotation.
The phase of mana conserve involves using as few spells with high mana cost as possible. During this phase, you need to maintain Atonement on the allies who are taking damage, and the rest of the time, use only offensive abilities.
- Apply to targets the Purge the Wicked or Shadow word: Pain and, if possible, support it on all targets involved in the battle
- Apply Power Word: Shield to allies if they do not have effect of Atonement or this effect was expired.
- Continue to deal damage using Schism on cooldown, if you do not expect strong damage to the group, to maintain damage or to restore more health to the group, because Schism deals damage, and also increases your damage to target.
- Use Penance per CD to deal damage
- If you have the talent Power Word: Solace – use it per CD. It deals good damage and restores mana
- All the rest of the time, use Smite.
The main issue of the Discipline Priest in raid is to maintaining the effect of Atonement on allies, who are taking damage. This effect activates by using Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend and Power Word: Radiance on target. For effective healing try to maintain 3-5 buffs of Atonement, maintaining more will deprive you out of mana very soon.
If the target takes not a lot damage you may use on it Power Word: Shield for maintain the Atonement. If quantity of damage is average use Shadow Mend on target. If a lot of players take damage use Power Word: Radiance.
Remember to maintain on target or on targets Purge the Wicked or Shadow word: Pain – it also gives some healing to allies with Atonement and deals damage.
If expects huge damage to group or the damage to allies with low healh is rising:
Remember about your safe cooldowns:
- Pain Suppression – can save your life or life of an ally whose health is critically low, or can reduce the damage taken by the tank.
- Power Word: Barrier – suitable in a situation where the group is standing together, place it a few seconds before taking a lot of damage.
Compared to raids gameplay in Mythic+ is changing a little: healing that is made by Atonement is effective only if your group take little or average damage. If the group taking huge damage you won’t be able to heal it by dealing damage.
*Expects that you will use the recommended talents for mythic+
- While the damage to group isn’t high you may heal allies by maintaining Atonement on them as like as in raid. Use Power Word: Shield on targets and Shadow Mend on more injured allies.
- Atonement won’t be such effective when group take a lot of damage, but it doesn’t mean that you have no need to maintain this effect on group. Maintaining of this effect give additional healing from Purge the Wicked or Shadow word: Pain. But you have to focus your healing on casting Shadow Mend on allies more often.
- If the entire party is taking damage, use Power Word: Radiance at the same time.
How to use CDs
Pain Suppression – strong CD for solo target. Uses for safe tank from strong enemy abilities. It must be used before receiving damage.
Power Word: Barrier – strong raid-safe ability. Remember that this ability not only decrease taking damage but also increases healing from Atonement to all who are standing in it.
Shadowfiend – used as DPS CD. Remember that it’s damage heals players with Atonement.
Rapture – uses before receiving damage by group or raid to prevent damage.
Race bonuses for the shaman are not significantly affect on the shaman’s healing that is why you may choose the race by your will.
Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome, Draenei, Worgen, Pandaren, Void Elf, Leghforged Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarf, Kul’tiran, Mechagnome.
*The indicators of all races are relatively equal for the priest, but the most powerful are: Mechagnome, Draenei and Pandaren.
Undead, Tauren, Troll, Blood Elf, Goblin, Pandaren, Nightborn, Mag’har, Zndalari Troll (paku), Vulpera
*The indicators of all races are relatively equal for the priest, but the most powerful are: Troll, Goblin and Nightborne.
Basic priority of stats
*This priority is good for raids and mythic+
Leech and Avoidance are very strong tertiary characteristics that contribute to survival. Generally rated higher than all other tertiary characteristics.
Despite the existing priority of characteristics, you should not always adhere to it, since everything depends on your current equipment. All secondary stats for Discipline priest provide very similar healing benefits.
Why the priority is looks like that
Intellect is primary stat that is used by priet. Spell force depend on it.
Haste gives the greatest advantage as it reduces the cooldown of abilities, reduces the duration of the Weakened Soul effect, decreases the GCD, speeds up the casting of spells, and increases the amount of periodic damage from Purge the Wicked or Shadow word: Pain
Shadowfiend is also dependent on your speed, since the more speed you have, the more attacks the fiend will produce.
Haste increases your damage dealt and therefore affect healing as well.
Critical strike increases the chance to deal critical damage, which makes this stat no less importan for the Discipline Priest as it gives the opportunity to deal more damage and restore more health.
Versality increases your damage and direct healing. Discipline Priest is oriented on healing through dealing damage. That is why increase of versality increases not only your damage but your healing too.
Mastery increses effectivnes of your healing through Atonement. As Mastery don’t influence on Discipline Priste’s damage it happens to be the most weak stat for specialization.
Additional methods to increase characteristics:
Jewelry: Quick Jewel Cluster, Deadly Jewel Cluster
Weapon: Celestial Guidance (raid), Lightless Force (mythic+)
Cloak: Soul Vitality, Fortified Leech (raid), Fortified Avoidance (mythic+)
Chest: Eternal Stats
Bracers: Eternal Intellect
Rings: Tenet of Haste, Tenet of Critical Strike
Food: Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic, Spinefin Souffle and Fries, Crawler Ravioli with Apple Sauce, Surprisingly Palatable Feast, Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism
Oils: Embalmer’s Oil
Flasks: Spectral Flask of Power
Pots: Potion of Spectral Intellect
For mana restoration: Spiritual Mana Potion, Potion of Spiritual Clarity
The best equipment and Trinkets
Both types of content:
*Raid accessories – Cabalist’s Hymnal and a Tuft of Smoldering Plumage are considered a good combination. In Mythic +, you can use accessories that deal damage, if you have no problems with healing the group.
Weapons and off-hand
*Recommended Covenant Selection Assumed
If Kyrain covenant was chosen:
If Ventyr covenant was chosen:
Legs: Leggings of Lethal Reverberations – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Boots: Slippers of Leavened Station – Loot from Dungeon Halls of Atonement.
Head: Depraved Physician’s Mask – Loot from Dungeon Plaguefall.
Shoulders: Shawl of the Penitent – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Cloaks: Drape of Twisted Loyalties – Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Wrists: Grim Pursuant’s Maille – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Waists: Shadewarped Sash – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Neck: Azure-Venom Choker – Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Chest: Robes of the Cursed Commando – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Gloves: Tricksprite Gloves – Loot from Dungeon Tirna Skitt.
* Information about the ratio and force of the trinkets will appear soon.
It is worth acquiring a mouseover macros for all healing abilities, defencive and Subsidiary abilities, that is, when using the spells, they are applied to the targets located under the mouse cursor. For instance:
#showtooltip Shadowmend/cast [@mouseover] Shadowmend
Mousover macros for apply DoT:
#showtooltip/cast [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists] Shadow word: Pain/cast [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists] Shadow word: Pain
Macros that allows you to cast Angelic Feather under your feets:
#showtooltip/cast [@player] Angelic Feather/stopspelltarget
If it is not important in battle on whom to hold the Shadow word: Pain, then this macros, when pressed, will automatically find the most convenient target and impose DoT on it:
#showtooltip Shadow word: Pain/cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead] Shadow word: Pain
Macro on the Divine Feather, allowing you to immediately put it under you, without choosing a place:
#showtooltip/cast [@player] Божественное перышко/stopspelltarget
Simulationcraft – This addon simplifies the process of creating your profile in Simcraft for you character.
Raider.IO Mythic Plus and Raid Progress – This addon allows you to look through the information about your and other players score in Mythic+ and Raids. It allows you to see this information in game. Also you can find the information on Raider.IO: https://raider.io.
Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) – helps to track bosses mechanics in fight.
Mythic Dungeon Tools – this addon allows you to plan the path in mythic+ and look through the affixes.
Angry Keystones – this addon automaticly insert the mythic key into the mythic dungeon bowl and also helps to track timers of the dungeon pass and shows accurate % of the defeated enemy forces.
ElvUI – this addon allows tou to tune your interface as you wish.
BigDebuffs – these addon increses ikons of debuffs of enemies and allies.
Decursive – this addon simplifys detection of the debuffs on allies and dispel them.
Astral Keys – this addon allows you to look through mythic keys on your charecters and on charesers of your friends. Also it helps to show your keys in chat and look through the information about best run in mythic+ of your guild and friends.
Exorsus Raid Tools – helpful addon for raiders. It allows you to look through the information about group, battle notes, cooldowns, and addons and allows logging the fight.
Hekili – this addon is a helper that can give you recommendations for rotation by a few steps ahead. It works by collecting information from action priority list (APL), that is similar to Simcraft, and then reccomed you the rotation that you have to use.
GTFO – this addon beeps when you are standing in place where you shouldn’t stay. In some cases, you will be alerted before you’ll take damage. It improves your situational awareness and is recommended for dungeons, mythic+ and raids.
WeakAuras – this addon allows you to add and tune additional panels in your interface. It is very usefull in tracking cooldowns of abilities and items; in tracking procks and your resourse power. You can tune the panel yourself or download already prepared ones from the https://wago.io/.
Vuhdo – first of all, it displays the health of the raid participants in the form of clearly located bars on a separate panel. It also allows you to track information about other players and their resources in the group: health, mana and other types of power, buffs, debuffs, incoming healing, aggro, PvP status, tips, player tags (such as absence, disconnects, death), etc. With it, you can also customize the use of spells with a click of the mouse.
Clique – simplifies macros and allows you to create various combinations for spells.
You can install addons by downloading them from official websites and updating them yourself or yyou can download one of the programs CurseForge or Wowup.io. In this program you can view all installed addons and update them if a new version has been released.
- If you have difficulties with group healing by dealing damage the talent Twist of Fate will be good choice for increase single target healing. Especially this talent is good in situations when health of allies drops down sharply and you need to heal them fast. Also this talent will be good in situations where healing through damage dealing is difficult to realise.
- Schism at this moment is the best choice for raids in almost all situations. It greatly interacts with class abilities of the covenants, increases damage and potential of burst phase and increases AoE-healing.
- For effective use of Shadow Covenant you need to do one of the next steps: use it before preparation phase on badly wounded allies by and then heal them by Shadow Mend; use it in the end of burst phase for smart healing and for further healing of wounded allies; use it purposefully for increase healing from your Shadow Mend (in situations where strong target healing is needed) or purposefully for increase AoE-damage dealing by your Mind Sear.
- The casting speed of almost all spells is equal to the GCD and is accelerated depending on the haste rating. Shadow Mend and Power Word: Shield provide atonement at different times. So, Power Word: Shield imposes its beginning of GCD, and restoration at the end of the cast, which gives us an advantage in the duration of Atonement in the amount of one GCD. Thus, when using Shadow Mend and Power Word: Shield, we get 2 Atonements with one duration.
- Do not try to cover as many players as possible with Power Word: Shield. This is wrong, as it will drain your mana reserves before the boss dies. You need to properly dispose of it. Each subsequent imposed Atonement takes away the duration of Atonement from the first imposed Atonement in the amount of 1 GCD, which with excessive “spam” will be irrational both in relation to HPM (spent mana to the received healing), and in general accounting for effective healing and the amount of mana.
- It is advisable to use the Schism talent with Power Word: Radiance, to heal more significant damage.
This concludes our guide. We wish you an interesting and exciting journey through the vastness of Azeroth!