Dragonflight is here and this is a perfect time to think about changing your class. The new expansion brings in talent changes and some old classes may shine brighter than they did before. Before we start, note that everything you are going to read is just a humble opinion of an author and we don’t claim it to be the truth. Let’s jump into this general class overview together, hope you will like it and find something useful.
WoW Best Class for Beginners
In World of Warcraft, some classes are more beginner-friendly than others due to their simpler rotations, versatility, and survivability. Here are a few examples of some of the best classes for beginners in World of Warcraft:
- Hunter: Hunters are a ranged DPS class that are great for beginners due to their simplicity and versatility. They have a wide range of abilities that allow them to deal damage from a distance, control the battlefield, and even heal their pets. Hunters also have a relatively simple rotation compared to some other classes, making them easy to learn.
- Paladin: Paladins are a versatile class that can fill multiple roles, including tanking, healing, and DPS. They have a strong toolkit of abilities that allow them to survive in difficult situations, including several defensive cooldowns and self-healing abilities. Paladins also have a simple rotation and are relatively easy to learn.
- Druid: Druids are a unique class that can fill multiple roles, including tanking, healing, and DPS. They also have the ability to shapeshift into different forms, giving them added versatility and mobility. Druids also have a strong toolkit of abilities that allow them to survive in difficult situations, making them a great choice for beginners.
- Warrior: Warriors are a melee DPS class that specialize in dealing high burst damage. They have a simple rotation and a toolkit of abilities that allow them to control the battlefield and survive in difficult situations. Warriors also have a relatively straightforward playstyle, making them a good choice for beginners.
- Mage: Mages are a caster DPS class that specialize in dealing damage from a distance. They have a wide range of abilities that allow them to control the battlefield and deal damage, including several crowd control abilities. Mages also have a simple rotation and are relatively easy to learn.
WoW Best PvP Classes
When it comes to PvP combat the best PvP classes can vary depending on the current patch or expansion, as well as individual playstyles and preferences. That being said, some classes have historically performed well in PvP combat due to their mobility, burst damage, or utility abilities. Here are a few examples:
- Rogue: Rogues are known for their ability to quickly and silently dispatch their enemies, making them a deadly force in PvP combat. They have high burst damage, numerous crowd control abilities, and can easily escape dangerous situations.
- Mage: Mages are powerful casters with a wide range of crowd control, burst damage, and utility spells. They can deal massive damage from a distance and have several abilities that can keep enemies at bay or even freeze them in place.
- Druid: Druids are a versatile class that can take on different roles in PvP combat depending on their spec. For example, Feral Druids are melee-focused and can deal high damage while also having great mobility and self-healing abilities. Balance Druids, on the other hand, are casters with a mix of damage and crowd control spells.
- Death Knight: Death Knights are a tanky class that can deal significant damage while also being able to take a beating. They have numerous crowd control abilities, can heal themselves, and have an ability called Anti-Magic Zone that can protect themselves and their allies from enemy spells.
- Warlock: Warlocks are casters with a focus on damage over time spells, which can slowly whittle down an enemy’s health. They have several crowd control abilities, can summon demons to fight for them, and have the ability to resurrect themselves upon death.
Again, these are just a few examples of classes that have historically performed well in PvP combat. Ultimately, the best class for PvP will depend on the individual player’s playstyle and preferences, as well as the current state of the game’s balance.
WoW Best DPS Class
There are many classes that can excel at dealing damage, also known as DPS (Damage per Second). The best DPS class can vary depending on the current patch or expansion, as well as individual playstyles and preferences. However, here are a few examples of some of the best DPS classes in World of Warcraft:
- Rogues: Rogues are a versatile class that can excel in both PvE and PvP content. They specialize in dealing high burst damage and have a wide range of crowd control abilities, making them a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Rogues also have several defensive cooldowns and can vanish from combat to escape danger. There are three rogue specializations to choose from: Assassination, Outlaw, and Subtlety, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.Balance Druids:
- Balance Druids are a ranged DPS class that specialize in dealing damage over time. They have strong AoE damage and crowd control abilities, as well as the ability to heal themselves and their allies. Balance Druids are also known for their versatility, as they can switch to their Feral specialization to melee DPS. They have several defensive abilities that can protect them from harm.
- Demon Hunters: Demon Hunters are a unique class that was introduced in the Legion expansion. They are a hybrid class that can tank or deal melee DPS. Demon Hunters are known for their high mobility and ability to glide through the air, making them great for exploring the world. They have several powerful cooldowns that allow them to deal massive damage or protect themselves and their allies. Demon Hunters also have a unique resource called Fury that allows them to use their powerful abilities.
WoW Best Healing Class
In World of Warcraft, there are many classes that specialize in healing, but some stand out as the best in terms of overall performance and versatility. Here are a few examples of some of the best healing classes in World of Warcraft, including Restoration Druids, Holy Paladins, and Discipline Priests:
- Restoration Druids: Restoration Druids are a versatile healing class that can excel in both single-target and AoE healing. They have a wide range of healing spells and abilities, including several HoT (Healing over Time) spells and an instant-cast burst heal. Restoration Druids can also deal damage to help with DPS and have the ability to shapeshift into other forms for added mobility and utility.
- Holy Paladins: Holy Paladins are a powerful healing class that specialize in single-target healing. They have a strong toolkit of healing spells and abilities, including several that can be used while moving. Holy Paladins also have several utility spells that can be used to protect their allies, including a powerful damage reduction ability called Aura Mastery.
- Discipline Priests: Discipline Priests are a unique healing class that can also deal damage while healing. They specialize in preventing damage before it occurs by placing shields on their allies. They also have several powerful AoE healing spells and a strong toolkit of crowd control abilities. Discipline Priests are a great choice for players who want to take a more proactive approach to healing.
Best WoW Tanking Class
Tanking is a vital role in both PvE and PvP content. Tanks are responsible for holding the attention of enemies and soaking up damage, allowing their allies to deal damage and heal without being targeted. Some classes stand out as the best tanking classes in terms of overall performance and versatility. Here are a few examples of some of the best tanking classes in World of Warcraft, including Protection Warriors, Protection Paladins, and Vengeance Demon Hunters:
- Protection Warriors: Protection Warriors are a classic tanking class that have been around since the early days of World of Warcraft. They specialize in mitigating physical damage and have a wide range of abilities to control the battlefield. Protection Warriors are also known for their mobility and can quickly move around the battlefield to position themselves for maximum effectiveness.
- Protection Paladins: Protection Paladins are a powerful tanking class that specialize in mitigating magical damage. They have a toolkit of abilities that can be used to protect themselves and their allies, including several powerful defensive cooldowns. Protection Paladins also have a unique resource called Holy Power that can be used to enhance their abilities and deal damage.
- Vengeance Demon Hunters: Vengeance Demon Hunters are a unique tanking class that was introduced in the Legion expansion. They specialize in mobility and have a toolkit of abilities that allow them to quickly move around the battlefield. Vengeance Demon Hunters also have several powerful self-healing abilities that can help them stay alive during intense combat. They also have a unique resource called Pain that can be used to enhance their abilities.
These classes are just a few examples of the best tanking classes in World of Warcraft. Each class has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and the best choice will depend on the player’s preferences and playstyle. However, Protection Warriors, Protection Paladins, and Vengeance Demon Hunters are all great choices for players who want a strong and versatile tanking class.
Best WoW Soloing Class
Some classes are simply better suited for solo content than others due to their survivability, self-healing, and damage output. Here are a few examples of some of the best soloing classes in World of Warcraft:
- Blood Death Knight: Blood Death Knights are a tanking class that specialize in survivability and self-healing. They have a toolkit of abilities that allow them to soak up damage and heal themselves, making them great for soloing difficult content. Blood Death Knights also have a strong damage output and can easily take on groups of enemies.
- Beast Mastery Hunter: Beast Mastery Hunters are a ranged DPS class that excel at soloing due to their pets. Hunters have a wide range of pets to choose from, including tanks, DPS, and healers. These pets can be used to tank enemies and deal damage while the Hunter focuses on dealing damage from a distance.
- Guardian Druid: Guardian Druids are a tanking class that specialize in survivability and self-healing. They have a toolkit of abilities that allow them to soak up damage and heal themselves, making them great for soloing difficult content. Guardian Druids also have a strong damage output and can easily take on groups of enemies.
These classes are just a few examples of the best soloing classes in World of Warcraft. Each class has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and the best choice will depend on the player’s preferences and playstyle.
Pure death itself. Once they were ruled by Lich King AKA Arthas. Death Knights could break his magic and release themselves from his control. They went through a nightmare but now they are awakened and fight as members of the Horde and Alliance to prevent evil from destroying people’s lives.
Death Knights have three different specs: Blood, Frost, and Unholy.
- Blood – tank that focuses on self-sustain and self-healing. They wield two-hand weapons with carved runes on them, making Death Knights’ attacks lethal and merciless;
- Frost – DPS spec that was born in the furthest parts of Northrend. Frost Magic combined with Runal Weapons blasts enemies making their blood freeze in veins;
- Unholy – this is the spec that represents all the horror and disgust that Arthas brought to this world. DPS Masters of diseases, curses, and decay, these warriors will slowly kill everything and nothing stops them.
Disciples of Illidan himself, Illidari sacrificed everything they had to fight demons and other evil spawns. They put their life to master fel magic and use it against its masters – demons.
- Havoc – his warglaives are the last thing that Demons see before death. Master of melee combat he spins like a whirlwind sewing dead bodies behind his path;
- Vengeance – they call for an inner demon to harden their skin and become almost invulnerable to magic and physical attacks. They are perfect tanks with incredible mobility and great utility. They use seals to burn, fear and silence their enemies.
Druids protect nature and keep life in balance. They are ferocious combatants who can shapeshift into different animals and unleash stars upon their enemy heads. They are the most versatile class in the game as they can switch between all the available roles: RDPS, MPDS, Tank, and healer. Don’t underestimate their power like those who dared to challenge them before as you risk staying rooted in the deepest parts of the forest forever.
- Balance – calls for the power of Stars, Moon, and Sun to strike down enemies. The skies themselves will punish those fools who were not clever enough to step back;
- Feral – These druids can shapeshift into a furious cat form to shred the flesh of hostile forces with primal fury;
- Guardian – Transform into a bear to protect your allies with mighty claws and sharp teeth;
- Restoration – They specialize in natural healing over time effects, even the worst wounds can be healed by these healers.
They were created by the black Dragon Aspect Neltharion. Later he was known as Deathwing who caused those terrifying cataclysms all over Azeroth. His aim was to create the perfect soldier with the powers of all five major dragonflights. Evokers use their talents to defend dragonkind in obedience to the Earth-Warder. The journey will be long, and a few Dracthyrs will handle this path. But those who prevail to master their full potential shall be honored with the title of Evoker.
- Devastation – a Ranged DPS spec that is focused on overwhelming distanced attacks. Devastation Evokers possess a variety of spells including classic dragon breath combined with the power of Blue and Red dragons.
- Preservation – the combination of Green Dragonflight power along with the magic of the Bronze Dragonflight makes Evokers to be great healers.
They are the owners of wilderness, rambling around unfriendly forests with their pets by their side. They have mastered the art of traps and shooting which makes them as dangerous as primal nature itself.
- Beast Mastery – they can tame the wildest and the most dangerous beasts and beasts-alike creatures. Have you ever wanted to be the master of a furious dinosaur or human-sized spider? Here is your chance!
- Marksmanship – these hunters prefer to fight from distance using their bows or guns. Their sharp arrows and deadly bullets will find their aim even during the darkest night;
- Survival – masters of melee combat who use explosives, poisons, and pets to fight their enemies.
Mages use elements like fire, frost, and arcane in their spells. They can incinerate or freeze to death mobs of enemies with just one spell. Their power is endless, don’t drown in that ocean of infinite and pure mightiness, and remember that only discipline can lead through the path of Mage.
- Fire – combusts and incinerates evil to bones;
- Frost – call rains of frost to clean your path, they can control water elementals to fight their side;
- Arcane – manipulate with raw overwhelming magic and feel it with your fingertips.
What do magicless souls do if they hunger for adventures? Warriors have the answer! Take a big club and hit the breath out of your enemies. If one club isn’t enough – take two! A pretty straightforward way for those who prefer physical power over magical one. Who needs those stupid books and years of magical studying when there is an endless voice calling you for adventures right now? Do up your armor and sharp your sword, the battle starts immediately.
- Arms – They are hardened fighting masters who can strike down armies with their axes or swords;
- Fury – Do you have anger management problems? Do you feel like you want to smash everything around you? Does your blood boil every second of your life? If the answers are “yes” then you are hired, sign it with a cross right here;
- Protection – a classical warrior with a shield and one-handed weapon who protects his party from any danger. The years of combat experience taught him to suppress pain and keep going under any circumstances till the last breath.
Well… What do magicless souls do if they hunger for adventures? They take a club… Oh, wait. What if there is no club to wield? Use your fists to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. And remember that hands can’t hit what the eyes can’t see.
- Brewmaster – we all have that kind of friend who starts looking for fights as soon as he takes a beer or two. Well, don’t judge him, he may be a Brewmaster Monk deep in his soul. Being drunk as a lord, monk doesn’t feel pain and can survive longer than others. That makes him a perfect tank. Just throw that tottering body forward and pray he doesn’t fall asleep;
- Mistweaver – infused with the power of Jade Serpent they know the secrets of life energy using it to heal wounds;
- Windwalker – who needs a weapon if your arms and legs can lay lethal traumas on your enemies? Just be careful.
Light, piety, and blessings are what Paladins leave behind them. They also leave the dead bodies of those who were stupid enough to serve evil. They are the honest and the brightest representatives of their factions who dedicated their lives to light. Believe me, you don’t want to be their enemy one day, because even Gods can’t save you from their righteous wrath.
Paladins have three different specs:
- Protection – their shield and one-handed weapon will cover the whole world from any kind of danger. They dedicated their hearts to protecting the helpless and those who suffer. They are the iconic warriors of light;
- Holy – healers in plate armor. They lay their hands in prayer to light and light answers them. They wrested thousands of lives from the dark clutches of death and so will do over and over again. This spec is focused on healing in the melee zone and that makes it unique;
- Retribution – Good can be spread with a light word. If not, there is a huge two-handed weapon these guys carry behind their backs to enhance the teaching effect of preaching.
Some Priests dedicate their life to light, healing their party members’ wounds. Others learn to suppress pain and specialize in absorbing damage. But there is also a third way, the way of shadows. This type of Priests knows how to torture the body and the mind of their enemies.
- Holy – Holy Priests are classical healers who call to light to get power. They utilize light to heal and empower their allies even in the darkest time;
- Discipline – they are masters of preventing and absorbing damage. Their ability to suppress pain leads mighty parties ahead to the fight. This time no pain IS gained;
- Shadow – who needs that pathetic light if you can infuse yourself with shadow? Watch your enemies cry in suffering while their bodies and mind melt slowly.
Rogue is a deadly class whose specialization is stealthiness, poisons, and fast combo attacks. They are usually those who can sneak around the most dangerous parts of the world.
- Assassination – they are dagger-wielding killers that utilize bleeds and poisons to disable even the strongest enemies. Don’t be fooled by the view of their weapons, as the size is compensated by lightning-like attack speed;
- Combat – they use stealth to sneak into the battle and then start their death dance, cleaving and wounding enemies. The weapon arsenal is pretty wide, as you can choose between swords, axes, maces, and fist weapons. Still, combat rogues are shrouded with a veil of secrets because dead bodies don’t tell stories;
- Subtlety – stalk your victims in shadows waiting for an appropriate moment to strike. Once Subtlety Rogue chooses a target, it can be considered already dead, as these brutal murderers know no mercy. Enemies pray to gods begging to cover them from the eyes of infamous Horde assassination guilds or Alliance SI:7 organization.
Shamans gain their powers from spiritual practices, and they do not accept any gods but nature and elements. Earth, fire, water, and air are their tools to fight and bring balance to this chaotic world.
- Enhancement – melee fighters who use elements to empower their weapons during combat;
- Restoration – call for ancestral spirits and elements of water to cleanse wounds and ease your allies’ pain;
- Elemental – nature can be destructive, and elemental shamans know how to utilize its power for their needs.
They scoop their power from demonic realms. These masters of dark arts can unleash armies of demons upon weakened and cursed enemies to finish them off. Some warlocks can siphon life from their suffering enemies and store their souls for future disgusting and shady rituals.
- Demonology – a leader of demons who can control their will and force them to serve and protect the owner;
- Destruction – calls for chaos to burn enemies with fire. Nothing can survive under their demolishing spells;
- Affliction – specializes in damage over time and drain effects. Slowly leeches the life powers of their enemies, making them suffer and decay.
Thank you for reading your general class overview, we hope you liked it. Remember that first thing first, you are supposed to enjoy the game and its process. Don’t try to chase meta classes and specs just because people decided they are good. All in all, we are here to have fun, don’t we? With the help of Overgear you can always get the best gear just in one click!