Mistweaver Monks bring peace and healing to their allies. They use the force of Nature in the form os Mists which have covered Pandaria from The Burning Legion’s first coming to Azeroth.
A Mistweaver Monk has one key resource – Mana. Mana is spent on most of the healing spells, bursts and defensive spells.
Let’s take a closer look at the weakest and the strongest aspects of this specialization:
- In many encounters, Mistweaver is considered a Melee fighter which helps ignore some of the typically range mechanics.
- Quite easy to use.
- Extremely mobile.
- Pretty versatile
- No powerful instant spells.
- Revival is not a strong cooldown
- Few unique features for a raid.
Back to top
(Area of Effect) is basically the area where this of that effect is actuated regardless of whether its damage or healing. This command is usually used to act in a team/raid on several targets. It is also used to describe any ability of a Boss with the aforementioned effect.
Buff stands for any positive effect. Always reflected to the left of the mini-map, by its upper edge.
Burst is an ability to do – in multiple ways – massive damage within a short period of time.
Cleave is an ability to damage secondary targets through damaging the main one with no (or minor) loss in the damage done to the main target.
Cooldown (often CD) primarily refers to the ability recovery time. Can be often applied to bursts and various protective abilities.
Gear is what it is.
GCD (Global Cooldown) is the overall ability recovery time.
Debuff stands for negative effect. By default, it’ reflected to the left of the mini-map by its lower edge.
DoT stands for Damage over Time.
DPS (Damage per Second) is a measure that reflects the damage done within one second.
HPS stands for Healing per Second – the amount of healing done within one second.
Melee and Range. Melee is the close-range combat zone, also used in the titles of all the classes and specs that do effective damage in this zone. Range usually refers to a zone that is not a close-range one and is used, respectfully, in the titles of all classes and specs that do effective damage remotely.
Overheal is an inefficient heal that exceeds 100% Health.
Trait is a name for the ‘talents’ your azerite armor has.
Back to top
Renewing Mist, for 3% mana, instantly puts a 20-sec HoT on a target. If the Mist’s healing turns to overheal, Renewing Mist jumpsover to the closest injured ally within the 20-m range.
Essence Font demands 7.2% Mana and allows you to pronounce a 3-sec channel spell that restores a medium amount of Health to at least 6 allies within the 25-m radius and leaves an 8-sec HoT. The latter restores a bit more HP. Mastery: Gust of Mists restores Health to the players subject to these effects twice. This spell can be cast on the go.
Vivify – 1,5 sec cast for 3.5% mana that restores great amount of health to the target and additionally for around 70% health to all the targets with your Renewing mist
Enveloping mist – 2 sec cast for 5.2% mana that restores great amount of health during 6 sec and increases healing of your other spells by 30% for 6 sec.
Detox, for 1.3% Mana, instantly cancells any poison, malady or magic effects on a selected ally. Provided successful cancelling, CD 8 secs.
Revival costs 4.4% Mana and instantly restores a major amount of Health to all the group/raid members within the 40-m range. It also dispells any malicious effects of magic, poison and malady. CD 3 min.
Thunder Focus Tea allows you to empower your next spell:
CD 30 secs.
Life Cocoon demands 2.4% Mana and applies a shield on your target for 12 secs. The shield absorbs major damage and increases the efficiency of your periodical healing spells by 50%.
Fortifying Brew reduces your incoming damage by 20% and increases your max HP by 20%. CD 1.5 min.
Tiger Palm instantly deals physical damage to an enemy.
Blackout Kick deals nice physical damage to the selected target. CD 3 secs.
Rising sun kick – deals great physical damage for 1.5% mana. 10 sec cd.
Spinning Crane Kick, – deals physical damage to all the enemies within the 8-m radius over 1.5 secs.
Crackling Jade Lightning is a 4-sec channel spell dealing nice Nature damage. It can also kick back enemies attacking you in the Melee zone.
Resuscitate is your regular resurrecting an ally out of combat.
Provoke instigates your enemy to attack you wiithin the nex 3 secs. It also incresaes its running speed by 50%.
Zen Pilgrimage grants you an opportunity to teleport to your class Hall. Application time – 10 secs. When cast the second time, it teleports you back to the location you’ve left before, to the closest graveyard or a dungeon entrance.
Roll allows you to quickly relocate 15 m in the direction you character is looking in, or to the side you indicate for your character by pressing the corresponding key while utilizing the ability (W, A, S, D – forward, back, left, right, respectively).
Paralysis allows you to paralyze one enemy for 1 min. Costs 20 Energy. Any damage dealt to the target cancels this effect. CD 15 secs.
Reawaken is your mass out-of-combat resurrection that works on all allies within the 100-m range.
Transcendence allows you to leave your Spirit wherever you apply the ability for15 min. CD 10 secs. Keep in mind that your Spirit vanishes if you go over 100 m away from it.
Transcendence: Transfer is the second part of the aforementioned spell. On utilizing it, you switch places with your Spirit unless your Spirit is more than 40 m away. CD 45 secs.
Back to top
General information. On achieving several new levels you’ll get access to new talent ‘Tiers’. Talents may have different effect on abilities: add new features, replace old ones, modify passively different effects and spells. Talents can be changed in Sanctuaries or any recreational zones. However, if you don’t have any of those places nearby you can use the Codex of the Tranquil Mind which allows you to switch channels within a minute. You can’t change talents in combat. You can’t change a talent if the talent you’ve picked in the last Tier is on Cooldown. You’ll have to wait until it’s restored first.
Tier 1. Lvl 15
- Chi Burst. A quick spell with a 1-sec casting allows you to send an Energy clot 40 m ahead of you and deal all the enemies on the way Nature damage, or restore Health to the allies. CD 30 secs.
- Chi Wave. You emit a small clot of Energy that bounces off your enemy towards a friendly target within a 25-m radius. The clot bounces between targets 7 times in total. Enemies receive damage, allies get healing
- Mist wrap – Increases Enveloping mist duration by 1 sec and its healing bonus by 10%.
*Chi burst or Mist wrap -are the choices for raids and mythic + depending on if you need a target healing spell or aoe healing.
Tier 2. Lvl 30
- Chi Torpedo. Substitutes your Roll. Chi Torpedo drags you 20 m forward. It also increases your Haste by 30% for 10 secs after it’s used. The effects sum up, up to 2 times. This one also has 2 charges.
- Tiger Lust. This is a sprint that can be applied on both yourself or your ally. The talent increases your running speed by 70% for 6 secs. This effect cancels any movement impairing or stunning on the target.
- Celerity. Reduces the restoring time of your Roll by 5 secs and incresaes its charge count from two to three.
* Tiger Lust is your default choice as it is not connected to your Roll and provides you with an additional speed-up option. Also, keep in mind that you can pass your Tiger Lust over to one of your allies which can be quite useful.
In case you are interested in long-distance relocations, Chi Torpedo would be best for you.
If you are craving frequent but short-span relocations, pick Celerity.
Tier 3. Lvl 45
*Mana tea is the best raiding talent choice. It could be used in mythic+ too because it grants a lot of mana for a limited amount of time and that is what you basically need.
Tier 4. Lvl 60
- Ring of Peace. Creates an Energy Ring in the selected zone for 8 secs. Any enemy stepping into that ring will be thrown out of it. CD 45 secs.
- Song of Chi-Ji. Generate a slow forward moving cloud of mist that disorients for 20 secs all your enemies it hits.
- Tiger tail sweep. Increases the range of your stun by 2 yards.
*Ring of peace is the most popular talent due to its uniqueness but this tier is pretty optional.
Tier 5. Lvl 75
- Healing Elixir. 2 charges with 30-sec CD. Using this ability restores 15% of your max HP. If your Health indicator happens to fall below 35%, the effect is triggered automatically provided you have at least 1 charge of this ability.
- Diffuse Magic. Decreases Magic damage you receive by 60% for the next 6 secs. This ability also redirects any negative magical effect back onto the casting party if possible. CD 1.5 min.
- Dampen Harm. This ability allows you to reduce the incoming damage by 20-50% for the next 10 secs. The damage-reducign effect depends of the amount of damage coming your way – the more the damage, the higher the percentage.
* The talent choice depends on the encounter. Healing Elixir is usually the default choice unless there is major incoming damage delivery planned. Basically, this talent allows you to sort out the consequences you face after receiving any damage.
If you have an opportunity to reduce the damage coming in from a certain ability on the encounter, use Dampen Harm against physical attacks and Diffuse Magic against magic attacks.
Tier 6. Lvl 90
*Refreshing Jade wind is an amazing choice if your raid group stand all together and the raid gets ticking damage or it requires constant healing. For example encounters like: Jaina, Grong.
Summon jade serpent statue – this talent is used in mythic+ and raids in case the raid requires more healing on a single target, while whole raid doesn’t get constant damage or doesn’t stack up together. And also could be taken in any situation where you cannot take wind.
Invoke Chi-ji-the, red Crane – this talent is used in mythic+ to maximize healing in a certain timing gap.
Tier 7. Lvl 100
- Focused thunder. Thunder Focus tea now empowers your next 2 spells.
- Upwelling. For every 6 seconds Essence font spends off cooldown, your next Essence font may be channeled for 1 additional second. The duration of Essence Font’s heal over time is increased by 4 sec.
- Rising mist. Rising sun kick heals all allies with your Renewing mist, Enveloping mist or Essence font and extends those effects by 2 sec.
*Upwelling is the best choice for raiding because it increases healing from Essence Font and allows you to use it not by cooldown but delay it until you need it.
Focused thunder is the best choice for mythic+ because this is the only talent that increases healing not from Essence font.
Back to top
- Treacherous covenant – A high efficiency trait with also a high risk of usage. Healers usually have more control over their health so they can heal themselves in time having maximum buff uptime or just using Healthstone and Coastal healing potion to keep up the buff.
- Bonded souls – More saving but less effective analogue of Treacherous covenant with a strong healing proc.
- Font of life – Any monk build in raid depends on active usage of Font of life during AOE damage that is why this is the best trait for raiding. You should have at least one such trait in mythic key too.
- Uplifted spirits – Healing increase from Vivify and also additional cooldown reduction on Revival make this trait very important for keys and pretty good for raiding also.
- Swirling sands – A significant crit increase with a chance of extending it
- Blightborne infusion – A significant minor stats increase
- Secret infusion – Rather average trait that grants some minor stats depending on an ability used after tea.
- Misty peaks – While it is a pretty arguable trait for raiding it grants a good increase in dungeons considering that Haste is the only stat that increased healing which makes this trait more valuable.
- Burst of life- an average trait with an average effect
- Meticulous scheming– A significant haste buff with a good uptime
- Blood rite – Especially good for mythic+ because killing a mob refreshes its duration
- Seductive power – Unfortunately it is hard to keep up in raids or mythic + when Bwonsamdi appears. Even with good management this trait is still worse than its analogues from Battle for Dazar’alor.
- Unstable catalyst – A good stat increase but the requirement for positioning sometimes makes this trait useless.
- Concentrated mending – a really good HoT that increases during its duration
- Blessed Portents – A great trait for getting into raiding and mythic + because has an ability to heal when “it’s required” but loses its potential once the content is fully known and often farmed
- Blood siphon – additional mastery and self healing
- On my way -a constant stats increase
- Ephemeral recovery – A situational trait that is good only if you can use a few times during the fight otherwise it’s pretty average.
- Earthlink – Pretty good stats increase but its not stable so won’t really grant even average boost when it is really needed
- Saviour – a good trait if the players need to survive with low hp
- Bracing chill – A trait with a good potential but because it requires to keep up its procs makes it worse than others.
- Woundbinder – Another good haste buff. Has a less uptime than Overwhelming power but can easily replace it.
- Overwhelming power – A pretty good Haste proc that loses efficiency while it lasts
- Resounding protection – Good constant healing increase.
- Impassive visage – Constant healing. Grants more healing than shields, so it is less effective since shields let you survive lethal mechanics.
- A Tier:
- Gemhide – A good survivability trait. Especially good against physical damage.
- Vampiric speed – A situational trait, mostly good in mythic+
- Longstrider – Some movement speed increase
- Twist magic – A pretty strong trait if there is something to dispel.
- Exit strategy – just like any situational trait could be useful only in some cases.
- Self-reliance – A pretty weak trait because requires certain positioning
Strength of spirit – not a bad trait in theory but pretty weak practically because of its stats
Back to top
EssencesThese ratings are based on simulations, statistics of WarcraftLogs and players experience.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams (Source: Nazjatar questing) gives you lots of mana and 15% leech + a chance to restore some mana as minor essence. Best choice in general
- Conflict and Strife (Source: Rated PvP) – strong choice if you need to deal dps as healer. Very useful at raid progression
- Life Binder’s Invocation (Source: Mythic+ dungeons) can be a good tool to increase you overall healing
First of all, you should be maintaining your Soothing Mist on the priority target if the damage is not that massive.
Apart from that, try to provide max uptime Renewing Mist on the target.
If the incoming damage is growing, replace Soothing Mist with Vivify. If the damage gets to extremely high points, turn to Vivify. Keep in mind that your Vivify also heals target’s with Renewing Mist.
Chi Burst should be utilized to treat even a single target only in case you have at least 2 more HP-lacking allies that are in the Chi Burst’s potential action zone.
Renewing Mist per CD.
Chi Burst and Refreshing Jade Wind per CD.
If 3-4 raid members are being injured, use Vivify.
If 6+ allies are receiving damage, use Essence Font, but consider, though, that its action range is 25 m. Keep in mind that this spell can be maintained on the go.
You should also remember that Essence Font leaves HoTs on the healed targets which, in its turn, makes your Mastery work out twice.
After Essence Font, depending on the situation, use the following:
- Healing and dealing damage:
Damage dealing can be useful in mythic keys or in the moments when the raid requires additional damage from healers.
Your main dps rotation is: Tiger palm, Blackout kick and Rising sun kick
- Always use 3 Tiger palm to get maximum amount of charges of Blackout kick from Teachings of the monastery.
- This combination should be always used when there is a pause between the group /raid getting damage.
If you need to heal a lot or just spend a lot of mana then use Renewing mist,.
In case the raid receives single target damage use Enveloping mist. You should combine Thunder Focus tea and Enveloping mist in mythic+ because you will have to deal with high bursting damage.
- Life Cocoon is, unfortunately, an extremely weak cooldown. It empowers your HoT on a target by 50% for the whole action time – which is 12 secs – or until the whole absorb is spent. Since this spell is going to be cast mostly on a target that’s about to receive damage, the shield is not going to last long. Life Cocoon can also be used to heal a target that’s already pretty low on HP just to insure your ally doesn’t die, due to more intensive healing.
Revival can be utilized as a very potent healing cooldown, or as a mass dispel on magic, poisons or maladies. You should try to use it as often as possible when you raid is suffering extreme HP loss. It has a bit less cooldown comparing with other big cooldowns with azerite trait.
Back to top
Stats priority can vary depending on the situation but in overall it looks like this:
Flasks and pots
Back to top
Tiger Lust at cursor’s position, as, sometimes, it is useful to hand it over to your ally:
/cast [target=mouseover] Tiger Lust
To begin with, you should get mouseover macros for all your healing spells meaning whenever you cast a spell, it will be applied to the target your cursor is on at the moment. For example:
/cast [@mouseover] Vivify
Back to top
- Leveling. If your character has been inactive since the previous expansions, the best option to level up it is by Timewalking dungeons. You will gain a lot of experience, but there is one big disadvantage of leveling this way. Timewalks are available only for one week during a month, but Overgear is always here.
- Equipment. At high level, the most important thing for you will become your gear. WoW is a multiplayer game, that’s why we recommend for you to play it with your friends, or to find a new friends for mythic+ runs. If you have any trouble with it – Overgear may help you to find not just friends for a run, but a complete well geared and experienced group that also will be glad to trade all the loot you need.
- Raids. Raids are the top-tier PvE content in the game. That’s why the equipment’s base ilvl is higher than anywhere else. These dungeons require knowing all the tactics and have a good gear to kill the bosses. The possibilities of Overgear might let you skip those criteria.
- Azerite. It is also not the best idea to forget about the Heart of Azeroth and not to feed it with more Azerite. Ignoring this won’t make your character stronger. The easiest way to do it – just complete all the world quests with Azerite rewards everyday. You can get extra azerite from Island Expeditions. Companions can be found at Overgear.