If you love WoW, cold beer, and hot tasty buns, we came up with an awesome dinner for you! Ok, it was World of Warcraft the Official Cookbook authors who came up with the recipe, and an amazing chef Denis Gondyuk who cooked it all. We only thought you would like it for sure. 🙂
Read the original recipe and try to cook it yourself.
Check out more dishes by Denis Gondyuk on his Facebook page.
The Essential Brewfest Pretzel
Item Level 5
Use: Restores 302 health over 18 sec. Must remain seated while eating. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 2 Stamina for 15 min.
Max Stack: 20
- 1/2 cup* of warm water;
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast;
- 1/4 cup of melted butter;
- 1 egg mixed with 1 teaspoon of water;
- sea salt.
- 10 cups of water;
- 2/3 cup of soda.
For Cheddar beer dip:
- 2 tablespoons of butter;
- 2 tablespoons of flour;
- 1 cup of your favorite beer;
- 1/2 cup of milk;
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard;
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika;
- A couple of drops of Worcestershire sauce;
- 3 cups of Cheddar cheese;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
*A cup or glass of 250 ml.
How Cooking Forest Strider Drumsticks
1. Mix water, salt, sugar, and yeast in a big bowl. Stir. After a few minutes foam will appear on the surface. By the way, water should be warm, not cold, or hot. Otherwise, yeast wouldn’t work;
2. When five minutes are gone, add melted butter and flour in parts. Start stirring with a tablespoon, and then, when the dough is no longer sticky, knead the dough on a cutting board covered in flour;
3. Oil the bowl and put the dough in it, covering everything with a film. Leave it still for an hour. It should be twice as big the time is up.
4. Boil ten cups of water in a pot and add some soda. Turn the heat off and stir the water so that the soda would melt into it;
5. Set your oven on 200 degrees;
6. Divide the dough into halves and each into 5 equal parts;
7. Roll each part of the dough into a sausage of 30 centimeters and make it look like a U letter.
8. Cover the bottom of your baking pan with a parchment and oil it well;
9. Put each pretzel into hot water and hold for 30-40 seconds. Then take it off, wait until the water drains away. Put the pretzels on the baking pan;
10. Oil the pretzels with the mixed egg and season with sea salt;
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes or refer to the color of the pretzels. It should be dark golden.
And while the pretzels are being baked, we can prepare the sauce:
- Melt the butter down in a small bowl and add some flour. Stirring on a medium heat, cook for a couple of minutes. Keep on stirring and add beer and milk. With the temperature increase the sauce will become thicker;
- Take off of the heat and season with the sauce with the spices, Worcestershire sauce, and grated cheese.
- Stir until it all becomes homogeneous;
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
That is some special high when you feel salt crystals crust on your teeth. These pretzels are good with a cup of coffee in the morning or with a tomato juice for a lunch. But I love nothing more than eating them hot with a cheese sauce and wash it all down with some cold beer.
Try it out!