The Mage Tower challenge is back and awaits for heroes to test their Strength, Intellect, and Agility once again! Are you brave enough to accept the call? There is no time for thinking as the bravest hearts are already fighting against the Forces of Legion at this very moment. But still, there is a little time to read this Overgear guide to Mage Tower in Dragonflight expansion, you don’t want to leap into the battle totally unprepared, do you? Here is a ten-minute-quest for you, traveler! Go get some cookies and a cup of coffee from your Kitchen Quartermaster and get acquainted with this guide. We promise that the rewards in the form of experience and knowledge won’t disappoint you in the end.
Mage Tower Preparation and General Information
Mage Tower is opened for heroes with level 50+. There is no need in building it anymore as it is always available now, and alongside that, participation in the battle costs nothing. War Councilor Victoria will be glad to send you into the battle, just talk to her on the Broken Shore at Deliverance Point.
The Mage Tower event was designed to challenge your capabilities and skills. Do not expect it to be a piece of cake, as it will take a lot of effort and time to complete the trial. There aren’t many ways to make it easier, but we are here to give you some tips and tricks to smooth your experience.
The Mage Tower lowers your level, and thus it lowers your gear. It scales down to item level 50, which means this is going to be the best gear you can afford during the battle. The best things you can do are:
- Find old gear with extra sockets to get more stats. Note that old gems scale better than current ones. Play around with that information to get maximum profit out of it;
- Try to get some old trinkets, as some of them scale better than others. Here are some interesting examples you may be interested in Dragonspine Trophy, Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds, Unblinking Gaze of Sethe, and Chipped Soul Prism;
- Old enchantments share the same scaling rule as gems. Some of them are simply better scaled in comparison with others. Legion enchantment Mark of the Hidden Satyr is a good option to go;
- Be fully stacked with consumables: food, flasks, runes, weapon oil, and potions. Every single point of extra stat could make a difference here!
- Be aware of the mechanics and particular qualities of the trial you take. Having good gear is helpful, but it won’t preserve you from deadly skills you may face. Check out some in-depth guides before you enter the challenge. Otherwise, it may take you over a hundred pulls to finish it.
Despite the fact that developers have implemented the scaling system, some of the items were still too powerful and gave unfair advantages to participants. Below you can find a list of abilities and gear that do not fully work during the Mage Tower event:
- Shadowlands Covenant-related effects like Covenant Abilities, Soulbinds, and Conduits;
- Shadowlands Shards of Domination effects;
- Battle for Azeroth Azerite effects;
- Tier Set Bonuses;
- Legendary Items effects.
Mage Tower Challenges List
|Closing the Eye (Archmage Xylem)|
Frost Death Knight, Havoc Demon Hunter, Survival Hunter, Subtlety Rogue, Arms Warrior
|This Mage Tower Challenge takes place in the Eye of Eternity! This encounter has two phases. Players will fight against Archmage Xylem and Corrupting Shadows in the second phase. Once you defeat Corrupting Shadows, the challenge ends!|
|An Impossible Foe (Agatha)|
Unholy Death Knight, Feral Druid, Fire Mage, Outlaw Rogue, Elemental Shaman, Fury Warrior
|This encounter has two phases – players fight Agatha and her imps. During the second phase, she starts teleporting and throwing giant boulders at you! Once you defeat Agatha, the challenge ends.|
|The God-Queen’s Fury (Sigryn)|
Arcane Mage, Retribution Paladin, Assassination Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, Demonology Warlock
|This encounter doesn’t have phases, but instead, players will have to fight against three foes at once. Players will face Sigryn, Jarl Velbrand, and Runeseer Faljar.|
|Feltotem’s Fall (Tugar Bloodtotem)|
Beast Mastery Hunter, Windwalker Monk, Discipline Priest, Destruction Warlock
|Players will fight against Tugar Bloodtotem and Jormog the Behemoth. When one of them dies, the other one enrages, and that’s the beginning of the second phase. Once both enemies are dead, the challenge ends.|
|Thwarting the Twins (Raest Magespear)|
Balance Druid, Marksmanship Hunter, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest, Affliction Warlock
|Players fight Karam Magespear and Raest Magespear one by one. The final battle includes the fight with two of them at once. Defeat Raest Magespear to win challenges!|
|The Highlord’s Return (Highlord Kruul)|
Blood Death Knight, Vengeance Demon Hunter, Guardian Druid, Brewmaster Monk, Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior
|This encounter has two phases – players fight against Inquisitor Variss in the first phase and Highlord Kruul in the second phase. Once you defeat Highlord Kruul, the battle ends.|
You can learn more about this challenge in our Guardian Druid Mage Tower guide.
|End of the Risen Threat (Lord Erdris Thorn)|
Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Restoration Shaman
|This challenge takes place in Black Rook Hold! The encounter consists of seven stages. Players together with Commander Jarod Shadowsong, Granny Marl, and Callie Carrington, work their way through Black Rook Hold to challenge Lord Erdris Thorn. Once you defeat him, the challenge ends.|
Mage Tower Rewards
All the Mage Tower rewards you can get will not affect your character’s power. Still, it doesn’t mean they are worth nothing. Those rewards will emphasize your skill and will prove your class knowledge:
- You will get A Towering Success achievement and recolored T20 set of your class for completing at least one challenge;
- Guardian Druids will get a Werebear appearance for their Bear Form.
- Get A Tour of Towers and the mount Mage-Bound Spelltome for completing every single Challenge Available;
- Feats of Strength achievement Tower Overwhelming for completing all the available challenges for current classes and specs combinations.
Thank you for reading our Mage Tower general overview, hope you found it useful. Our team highly appreciates your feedback, and we ask you to rate this guide! We advise you to take a quick look at our available Mage Tower offers in case you don’t feel like completing challenges by yourself. Don’t miss your chance to get those sweet rewards today!