- Mechagon Island
- «Operation: Mechagon» Dungeon
- The Eternal Palace Raid
- Pets with Unknown Sources
Greetings, traveler! Welcome to Overgear’s look at the newest addition to the World of Warcraft’s collection of battle pets. Continuing exploration of the Patch 8.2 – Rise of Azshara, in this article we will cover drop sources of the new pets from Mechagone and Nazjatar. There is a ton of content in both zones, including elite rares, a new dungeon and raid, battle pets, daily quests, and world quests. If you want to learn more about Mechagone, we have got that covered in the article 8.2 Patch: Mechagon – Location, Dungeon and Outdoor Content.
Wandering around Mechagon Island, you may notice some quite common tech – chicken robots Dismantled OOX-35/MG. You can easily find them by using a target macro:
|/target Dismantled OOX-35/MG|
Once you find one, you can repair it with 25 Spare Parts. There are 2 outcomes: the repaired chicken will either follow you, return to Rustbolt, and activate a self-destruction sequence or it will grant you the pet – OOX-35/MG. This pet is cageable, meaning you can buy or sell it on the Auction House. A nice nod to Oglethorp Obnoticus and his robot chickens.
A number of pets are obtained from elite rares across Mechagon Island. These rares are part of Rest In Pistons achievement and they can be looted once per day.
Drops From: Mecharantula
Location: /way Mechagon Island 87.90 19.60
Drops From: Bonepicker
Location: /way Mechagon Island 65.94 26.35
Location: /way Mechagon Island 60.65 42.22
Pascal-K1N6 – a robot-tinker who will assemble all sorts of technology if he has the right blueprints. There are two achievements based on creating items and collecting blueprints – Junkyard Architect and Junkyard Scavenger. Among all sorts of items created with the help of Pascal, there are multiple Battle Pets:
|S.P.A.R.E. Crate – x2
Energy Cell – x3
Chain Ignitercoil – x2
|S.P.A.R.E. Crate – x5
Energy Cell – x3
Chain Ignitercoil – x2
|«Doesn’t remember what it was originally programmed to do, just wants to battle other pets»
– Summarized Battle Pet collector experience.
There are several pets across Mechagone Island, and none of them can be caged. An achievement for capturing all wild pets on Mechagon Island is Mecha-Safari.
- Duskytooth Snooter
- Experimental Roach
- Fleeting Frog
- Junkheap Roach
- Malfunctioning Microbot
- Mechagon Marmot
- Motorized Croaker
- Rustbolt Clucker
- Rustyroot Snooter
- Scrapyard Tunneler
- Specimen 97 – This little fella seems to be quite a unique spawn, known coordinates are /way 59.81. 26.13, in the Scrapbone Den area.
- Yellow Junkhopper
There are eight Legendary Pets that you can battle on Mechagon Island. Defeating them all grants the Mighty Minions of Mechagon achievement. First defeat of each pet also grants you an item that can be handed in for a 250 Rustbolt Resistance reputation reward. Eight pets will give you a total of 2000 reputation, allowing you to progress faster on the Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part Two achievement.
Each legendary pet also has a related world quest, which requires you to defeat that pet. World quest also rewards reputation along with battle-training stones such as Flying Battle-Training Stone and Marked Flawless Battle-Stone, Artifact Power, or Polished Pet Charm.
List of Legendary pets:
- Gnomefeaster – Magic
- Sputtertube – Mechanical
- Goldenbot XD – Mechanical
- Creakclank – Mechanical
- CK-9 Micro-Oppression Unit – Mechanical
- Unit 35 – Mechanical
- Unit 6 – Mechanical
- Unit 17 – Mechanical
Operation: Mechagon is a Mythic-only 8 boss mega-dungeon, currently offers six pets, four of them listed as wild caught and two are dropped from bosses.
These mechanical creatures can be caught in the dungeon, none of them can be caged. They are located in both the upper and lower portions of the dungeon.
Pet: Microbot 8D – He’s just so happy to be programmed to exist.
Drops from: HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
Pet: Golden Snorf – The birth of an exceptionally rare Golden Snorf was such an abnormality that not even King Mechagon could force himself to mechanize his beloved, fuzzy friend.
Drops from: King Mechagon
Nazjatar is a massive zone with a lot of content. It is the core of the Nazjatar Empire and ruled by Queen Azshara and it is the place where the main plot of the Patch 8.2 will unfold. Given the scale of the location, its no wonder there will be a lot of battle pets. So, get your traps ready, soon you are going to be busy!
Nazjatar just went on the PTR and the sources of the most pets are yet to be revealed, mostly the information we have right now is from the datamines.
- Five Water Crabs: Pearlescent, Lustrous, and Brilliant Glimmershell; Slimy Hermit Crab and Glimmershell Scuttler.
- Seven Spiders: Caverndark Nightmare, Chitterspine Devourer, Needler, Deepstalker and Skitterling; Lightless Ambusher, and Hissing Chitterspine.
- Four Eels including Slimy and Skittering; Abyssal Slitherling and Spawn of Nalaada.
- Five Fish: Mindloss Bloodfrenzy, Daggertooth Frenzy, Slimy Fangtooth, Bloodseeker, and Deeptide Fingerling.
- Two Octopuses: Nameless and Slimy Octopode.
- Four Snails: Amethyst and Prismatic Softshell; Blackchasm Crawler; and Spireshell Snail.
- Five Slugs — snails without shells: Damplight, Slimy Sea, Muck, and Trench Slugs; and Wriggler.
- Three Elementals: Seafury, Stormwrath, and Sandkeep
- Three Murlocs: Murgle, Necrofin Tadpole, and Slimy Darkhunter
- Two Algans which look like rock elementals: Brinestone and Budding
- Four mammals which look like miniature capybaras: Golden Snorf, Snowsoft Nibbler; Duskytooth, and Rustyroot Snooter
- Four Sand Crabs: Glittering Diamondshell; and Sandclaw Nestseeker, Pincher, and Sunshell
- And others:
This map shows the location of capturable wild battle pets (green numbers) needed for the achievement Nazjatari Safari, and Legendary ones (orange numbers), needed for the achievement Nautical Nuisances of Nazjatar. Let’s take a closer look:
- Abyssal Slitherling /way 44.05 60.13
- Sandclaw Pincher /way 43.73 63.96
- Glimmershell Scuttler /way 45.09 66.72
- Great Sea Albatross /way 48.58 71.16
- Elderspawn of Nalaada /way 51.12 74.77
- Deeptide Fingerling /way 48.07 75.16
- Bloodseeker /way 41.19 66.77
- Muck Slug /way 43.75 61.64
- Spireshell Snail /way 34.14 47.78
- Ravenous Scalespawn /way 29.61 49.66
- Pearlhusk Crawler (Cave) /way 49.59 50.36
- Giant Opaline Conch (Cave) /way 28.46 27.89
- Prince Wiggletail (Baby Naga) (Cave) /way 37.09 27.55
- Chitterspine Skitterling /way 43.04 23.70
- Voltgorger /way 38.13 16.56
- Shadowspike Lurker /way 42.19 14.02
- Hissing Chitterspine (Deep inside the cave) /way 42.19 14.02
- Kelpstone (Cave) /way 47.48 26.98
- Frenzied Knifefang (underwater cave) /way 58.17 26.74
- Mindshackle (Cave) /way 56.32 11.37
- Sandclaw Sunshell
- Chomp /way 71.87 51.16
- Silence /way 58.38 48.11
A number of pets are obtained from elite rares across Nazjatar. These rares are part of I Thought You Said They’d Be Rare? achievement and they can be looted once per day.
Pet: Amethyst Softshell
Drops From: Amethyst Spireshell
Location: (Rare Spawn) /way 60.65 33.54
Pet: Brinestone Algan
Drops From: Avarius
Pet: Budding Algan
Drops From: Rockweed Shambler
Pet: Caverndark Nightmare
Drops From: Caverndark Terror
Location: Inside the Chitterspine Grotto
Pet: Chitterspine Needler
Drops From: Needlespine
Location: (Cave) /way 56.34 11.40
Pet: Coral Lashling
Drops From: Carnivorous Lasher
Pet: Daggertooth Frenzy
Drops From: Daggertooth Terror
Location: (Fish in the Abyssal Pool) /way 48.48 20.73
Drops From: Sandclaw Stoneshell
Location: (Crab with multiple spawn locations) /way 74.48 30.88
Drops From: King Gakula
Pet: Necrofin Tadpole
Drops From: Blindlight
Location: (Up only with World Quest, in the cave) /way 36.31 80.53
Drops From: Iridescent Glimmershell
Location: (Rare Spawn) /way 46.64 52.53
Drops From: Sandcastle
Pet: Scalebrood Hydra
Drops From: Scale Matriarch Gratinax
Location: /way 35.77 41.30
Drops From: Prince Typhonus
Location: /way 45.54 69.39
Pet: Skittering Eel
Drops From: Vor’koth
Pet: Spawn of Nalaada
Drops From: Elderspawn Nalaada
Location: /way 51.60 75.22
Drops From: Prince Vortran
Location:(High in the air. Might require flying.) /way 42.63 74.28
Drops From: Mirecrawler
Location:(Rare spawn) /way 60.94 50.43
Azshara’s Eternal Palace is a new raid that consists of 8 encounters and will launch later after the release of Patch 8.2. Players will fight their way through an army of Naga and unimaginable monsters of the abyss to challenge Queen Azshara herself as the final boss.
|In the lightless trenches and chasms of the Great Sea, life still exists.|
These battle pets can be caught in the dungeon, none of them can be caged.
Pet: Lightless Ambusher – In the lightless caverns, a bright shell color doesn’t make you any worse at ambushing.
Drops from: Lady Ashvane
Pet: Mindlost Bloodfrenzy
Drops from: Blackwater Behemoth
Pet: Nameless Octopode – The influence of the old gods on the aquatic life of Nazjatar is unmistakable, as many simply wander as mindless eyes of N’zoth.
Drops from: Za’qul
Pet: Zanj’ir Poker
Drops from: Azshara Chest
There are a few pets from the PTR with yet unidentified sources, listed in the pet journal without any clarifications on how to obtain them. Most likely though, that these pets are going to be tied to Mechagon.
Sold by: Crafticus Mindbender & Dazzerian
Price: 30 Nazjatar Battle Commendation
Pet: Damplight Slug
Sold by: Atolia Seapearl
Price: 500 gold
Requires Revered with Unshackled faction
Pet: Drowned Hatchling
Sold by: Feylana the Handler
Price: 40 Prismatic Manapearl
Price: 150 Prismatic Manapearl
Pet: Prismatic Softshell
Sold by: Speaker Utia
Price: 500 gold
Requires Revered with Ankoan faction
There are a few achievements tied to pet battles in the patch 8.2, both in Mechagon and in Nazjatar.
- Mecha-Safari – Capture every battle pet on Mechagon Island.
- Mighty Minions of Mechagon – Defeat all of the mechanized minion pets on Mechagon Island.
- Nazjatari Safari – Catch every battle pet in Nazjatar.
- Nautical Nuisances of Nazjatar – Defeat the following deep sea terrors of Nazjatar.
- Team Aquashock – Complete all of the Nazjatar and Mechagon pet battle achievements listed below:
Reward: a cute little Kelpfin, but just as the narrative says – don’t let the cuteness fool you. This little monster will jab your ankles the second you’re not looking.
You like pets, don’t you? Overgear gives you opportunity to boost your pet collection.