Operation: Mechagon is a Mythic-only 8 boss mega-dungeon that is available in the Rise of Azshara patch. Dungeon type is similar to Karazhan from patch 7.1. The dungeon entrance is located at Rustbolt. Right now the dungeon is only available on Mythic difficulty, but we can safely assume that later, perhaps in patch 8.3, the dungeon will likely be split into two separate parts, just like Karazhan, and Mythic+ mode will be enabled.
This mega-dungeon should be treated more like a 5-man raid than just a dungeon – bosses require strategy rather than a simple zerg. Overall, the dungeon is more focused on bosses and has a little trash. In the second half of the dungeon lack of trash is compensated with traps, such as spinning blades, flamethrowers and who knows what else!?
Until the release of a Mythic+ version of the dungeon, the current item levels are set around 415.
Dungeon Loot of Operation: Mechagon consists of:
- 415 item level armor, weapons, and trinkets
- Set-bonus Rings
- 415 item level Azerite Armor
- Yellow, Red, and Blue Punchcards (Special sockets, that allow you to customize your Pocket-Sized Computation Device trinket)
- Vision of Perfection Azerite Essence and Upgrades
And additionally, 430 Azerite helms appear to drop from King Mechagon after completing the dungeon’s hard mode. Now, you may ask, what hard mode? Let’s just explain.
After dungeon’s release on the start of Season 3, players have figured out that dungeon has a secret hard mode – Keep DPS-ing and Nobody Explodes, which is a nice reference to a co-op game Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.
Find yourself trapped alone in a room with a ticking time bomb. Your friends have the manual to defuse it, but they can’t see the bomb, so you’re going to have to talk it out – fast!
Part 1 – Hard Mode First 3 Bosses:
To activate this Hard Mode, you have to defeat the first three bosses while the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit is hovering over them. Keep in mind, that you don’t have to defeat the trash while the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit is above and you can clear the trash (or summon Gunker) before the HK-8 moves.
Hard Mode Changes:
- HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit periodically summons 3 Walkie Shockie X1 robots into each encounter that function the exact same as the ones from the HK-8 encounter, forcing players to deal both with regular boss mechanics and robots at the same time. Robots can be ROOTED.
Part 2 – Hard Mode HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
After defeating all three bosses on Hard Mode, you can proceed to the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit. You will know that Hard Mode is activated the right way because you will face a Tank Buster MK2 instead of MK1.
Hard Mode Changes:
- Mark 2 has similar mechanics to MK1 but hits harder.
- Fulminating Zap is replaced with Fulminating Burst, a split damage mechanic that forces players to stack throughout this phase.
- Walkie Shockie X1s are upgraded to Walkie Shockie X2s. Individually, they are the same, but now, all three are connected by a Shock Link. It deals very high damage to anyone who remains in the Link and it ticks every 0.3 seconds. Players can quickly walk through the Link to only take 1 tick of damage.
- You have only 55 seconds instead of 3 minutes to make the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit go Haywire before Annihilation Ray wipes the group.
Part 3 – Hard Mode K.U.-J.0.
After defeating HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit in a hard mode, you can proceed to K.U.-J.0. as usual, but once you get to the boss, you’ll see a pile of Robo-Waste on the ground. It will be located on the left side, near where you walk in. Clicking the Waste will send it flying into the fire and activate Hard Mode.
Hard Mode Changes:
- The debuff Noxious Stench slowly stacks on the party, reducing movement speed by 5% per stack, capped at 16 stacks and slowing players by about 80%. Now you will have to defeat the boss while under this slow, so make sure to head to the Junk Cubes early when he casts Venting Flames.
Hard Mode King Mechagon
After completion of the previous parts, you will find a pillar with a red button on it (Mimiron flashbacks intensifies). Smash that button and activate Hard Mode. It involves the Annihilo-tron 5000, an untargetable NPC that is primed to detonate once its countdown finishes.
Hard Mode Changes:
The Annihilo-tron 5000 has an energy bar that can be seen on the Boss Frames. It drains at a rate of 20 energy every 9 seconds (2.22 energy per second). When the Energy Bar hits 0, the party will die after a few seconds.
- When the Annihilo-tron 5000 gets to 35 energy, a “Termination Sequence” will begin. Each Input Panel ,one at a time, will flash a color and picture. Remember their activation order.
- The Input Panels will all flash a Red Skull once again and become active – players must input the correct Termination Sequence by clicking the Input Panels in the same order that you saw earlier.
Inputting the correct sequence will reset the Annihilo-tron 5000‘s Energy back to 100.
- Input Panels become useable only at 11 Energy. That gives players a 5 seconds window to input the entire Termination Sequence. This is not enough time to move between panels, so one player should be stationed at each of the Input Panels.
- Termination Sequence will occur every 45 seconds throughout the entire fight.
- Keep DPS-ing and Nobody Explodes achievement for completing Hard Mode.
- If you complete the entire run without anyone dying you will achieve Hertz Locker and get a Rank 4 Vision of Perfection
- One item level 430 Azerite Helm is awarded to a random member of the group.
- One Aerial Unit R-21/X mount awarded to a random member of the group.
There are 2 mounts that you can get from the Operation: Mechagon
- Mechagon Peacekeeper is a rare drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit, the 4th boss of the dungeon.
- Aerial Unit R-21/X is a reward for completing dungeon in Hard Mode, awarded to a random member of the party.
There are 2 pets that drop from bosses:
- Microbot 8D is a rare drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Golden Snorf is a rare drop from King Mechagon
And there are 4 Wild Pets, they are located in both the upper and lower portions of the dungeon.
There are several items with unique effects that can be obtained in Mechagon Dungeon. Effects are either cosmetic or provide a combat effect at the cost of some of the stats on the item.
- Neural Synapse Enhancer, Intellect Staff. Drops from Head Machinist Sparkflux
- Reclaimed Shock Coil, Agility Staff. Drops from King Gobbamak
- Salvaged Incendiary Tool, 1-Handed Agility Axe. Drops from Gunker
- Fusion Hacker, 1-Handed Strength Axe. Drops from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Salvaged Mekacycle Shielding, Shield. Drops from Trixie Tazer
- Trashmaster’s Mantle, Cloak. Drops from K.U.-J.0. Gives the title “Trashmaster” when this item is equipped
- Mountebank’s Colorful Cloak, Cloak. Drops from Trixie Tazer This item’s cooldown is not affected by your Hearthstone cooldown, therefore you can use your hearthstone and then this cloak in case you need to hearth again but your hearthstone is still on cooldown.
- Hyperthread Wristwraps, Cloth Wrists. Drops from King Mechagon
- Anodized Deflectors, Plate Wrists. Drops from King Mechagon
- Greaves of Acid Resistance, Plate Feet. Drops from Gunker
- Wraps of Electrostatic Potential, Leather Wrists. Drops from Trixie Tazer
- Gold-Coated Superconductors, Mail Wrists. Drops from The Platinum Pummeler
Operation: Mechagon ring slots are bringing a new type of set system. It gives players the ability to create customizable set bonuses using two categories of items: the first is Conditions(Logic Loops), and the second is Effects (Bit Bands). Used together, they allow you to create a custom effect, using one Logic Loop and one Bit Band. For example, Logic Loop of Maintenance together with Protecting Bit Band gives you a custom effect: «If you activate an ability while your health is below 50% then you absorb the next number of Magic damage within 8 sec».
Logic Loops drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit, and Bit Bands drop from Head Machinist Sparkflux.
|Conditions (Logic Loops)||Effects (Bit Bands)|
|Logic Loop of Maintenance||Overclocking Bit Band|
|Logic Loop of Division||Shorting Bit Band|
|Logic Loop of Synergy||Protecting Bit Band|
|Logic Loop of Recursion||Rebooting Bit Band|
Operation: Mechagon has a few Punch Cards for the Pocket-Sized Computation Device trinket.
|Red Punchcards||Yellow Punchcards||Blue Punchcards|
|Subroutine: Emergency Repairs, drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit||Performant Logic Board||Friend-or-Foe Identifier, drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit|
|Harmonic Dematerializer, drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit||Omnipurpose Logic Board||Electromagnetic Resistors, drop from King Mechagon|
|Subroutine: Overclock, drop from King Mechagon||Optimized Logic Board|
|Forceful Logic Board|
- Rank 1: Defeat King Mechagon in Operation: Mechagon.
- Rank 2: Obtain the Blueprint: Perfectly Timed Differential from King Mechagon, upload the Blueprint to Pascal-K1N6, then craft Perfectly Timed Differential.
- Rank 3: Combine 4 Progression Sprocket from King Mechagon.
- Rank 4: Complete the achievement Hertz Locker. Requires Rank 3 already obtained.
There are multiple new profession recipes that drop from the Operation: Mechagon.
- Schematic: Super-Charged Engine drops from K.U.-J.0. – Teaches how to craft the Super-Charged Engine, which is 1 of the 2 items needed for the Xiwyllag ATV mount.
- Recipe: Monelite Reinforced Chassis drops from K.U.-J.0. – Teaches how to craft the Monelite Reinforced Chassis, which is 1 of the 2 items needed for the Xiwyllag ATV mount.
- Recipe: Abyssal Healing Potion
- Recipe: Potion of Unbridled Fury Potion of Unbridled Fury.
- Recipe: Potion of Wild Mending
- Modular Platinum Plating from The Platinum Pummeler
- Ingenious Mana Battery from Head Machinist Sparkflux
- Remote Guidance Device from Trixie Tazer
- Gloves: Insulating Threaded Gloves from Gunker, Operator’s Mitts from K.U.-J.0.
- Legs: Royal Attendant’s Trousers from King Mechagon, Overcharged Pantaloons from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Boots: Supplicant’s Soiled Slippers from King Gobbamak, Hyperthread Boots from The Platinum Pummeler
- Belt: Ringmaster’s Cummerbund from The Platinum Pummeler, Silken Safety Harness from Trixie Tazer
- Wrists: Hyperthread Wristwraps from King Mechagon
- Gloves: Self-Sanitizing Handwraps from King Mechagon, Galvanized Leather Grips from King Gobbamak
- Legs: Unseen Predator’s Breeches from Trixie Tazer, Flame-Seared Leggings from K.U.-J.0.
- Boots: Ooey-Gooey Galoshes from Gunker, Machinist’s Treasured Treads from Head Machinist Sparkflux
- Belt: Mad King’s Sporran from King Mechagon, Mekgineer’s Championship Belt from The Platinum Pummeler
- Wrists: Wraps of Electrostatic Potential
- Gloves: Swift Pneumatic Grips from K.U.-J.0., Slick Tactical Grips from Gunker
- Legs: Reinforced Riding Chausses from Trixie Tazer, Self-Repairing Cuisses from Head Machinist Sparkflux
- Boots: Regal Mekanospurs from King Mechagon, Roughshod Chain Boots from King Gobbamak
- Belt: Mekgineer’s Utility Belt from Gunker, Maniacal Monarch’s Girdlefrom King Mechagon
- Wrists: Gold-Coated Superconductors from The Platinum Pummeler
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Absolute Authority from King Mechagon, High Speed Gauntlets from Trixie Tazer
- Legs: Anodized Plate Legguards from King Gobbamak, Heavy Alloy Legplates from The Platinum Pummeler
- Boots: Pyroclastic Greatboots from K.U.-J.0., Greaves of Acid Resistance from Gunker
- Belt: Well-Oiled Plate Girdle from Gunker, Automatic Waist Tightener from Head Machinist Sparkflux
- Wrists: Anodized Deflectors from King Mechagon
Cloaks and Rings
- Trashmaster’s Mantle from K.U.-J.0.
- Mountebank’s Colorful Cloak from Trixie Tazer
- Logic Loop of Division from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Logic Loop of Maintenance
- Logic Loop of Recursion
- Logic Loop of Synergy
- Overclocking Bit Band from Head Machinist Sparkflux
- Protecting Bit Band
- Rebooting Bit Band
- Shorting Bit Band
Unique traits from Operation: Mechagon’s Azerite Armor:
- Inventor’s Ingenious Trifocals – Head, drop from King Mechagon
- Shoulderguards of Fraying Sanity – Shoulder, drop from King Mechagon
- Volatile Arming Doublet – Chest, drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Mekgineer’s Mindbending Headgear – Head, drop from King Mechagon
- Extravagant Epaulettes – Shoulder, drop from King Mechagon
- Type II Bomber Jacket – Chest, drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Psychogenic Prognosticator’s Lenses – Head, drop from King Mechagon
- Epaulettes of Arcing Power – Shoulder, drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Circuit-Linked Chainmail – Chest, drop from King Mechagon
- Apogee Inventor’s Goggles – Head, drop from King Mechagon
- Tank Buster Pauldrons – Shoulder, drop from HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit
- Mechanized Plate Chasse – Chest, drop from King Mechagon
finding your group here and now. Overgear Marketplace allows you to contact boosting groups directly, discuss what you want from the dungeon run and safely arrange an Operation: Mechagon Boost Run with the best-fitting group, either you choose the most rated team or go for the cheapest offer!