Alchemy is one of the most sought-after professions in WoW, that was relevant in every point of game history. Alchemy potions can help you in every phase or content and will provide you with regular income from the Auction house. From our new guide, you’ll learn about WotLK Alchemy bonuses, the most valuable profits, and profession leveling itself. So don’t waste your time, WotLK is about to release.
WotLK Alchemy Bonuses and Benefits
Wrath Classic Alchemy helps you craft more than just heal pots. The pool of consumables this profession can surprise you is pretty wide, and includes, for example, potions that increase your movement speed, make your character invisible, or protect you from some specific types of damage. And of course, you can’t even imagine the successful raiding or PvP in the endgame without alchemy flasks.
If you want to start leveling Alchemy it will not be superfluous to overview bonuses that the profession gives directly to your character. So, we have:
- Mixology passive effect increases the effect and duration of the elixir or flask you are able to make;
- Indestructible Alchemist’s Stone, Mercurial Alchemist Stone, and Mighty Alchemist’s Stone BoP trinkets;
- Alchemyst-only Flask of the North.
And add to that bonuses that you can get from Mixology:
- Flask of Stoneblood gives you an additional 650 HP;
- Flask of Endless Rage adds 82 Attack Power more;
- Flask of Pure Mojo provides you with an additional 20 Mana/5sec;
- Flask of the Frost Wyrm gives you 47 Spell Power more.
Another reason to pick Alchemy is learning the fact that is a really good way to gold making. Flask of the Frost Wyrm, Flask of Pure Mojo, Flask of Endless Rage, and Flask of Stoneblood are always in demand in the Auction House, so it’s a pretty good option. Also, you can profit by crafting gems Cardinal Ruby and King’s Amber or trade Titanium Bar.
And if you always searching for the perfect combination of race, specialization, and profession, you should know, that in Lich King Classic Alchemy BiS choice for Resto Druid because of Mercurial Alchemist Stone trinket with Haste bonus.
Alchemy WotLK Trainers
In WoW Classic, The Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King our game follows clear rules. In most cases, you can find Alchemy trainers in all starting locations, including TBC and WotLK first zones, and in the capitals or sanctuaries.
Old World 1 – 300
In the Old World, you can find trainers in every starting zone and capital of your faction. Both capital camps provide for pumping until you reach Expert.
- You’ll find Yelmak inside the Yelmak’s Alchemy and Potions building in the Drag in Orgrimmar.
- You’ll find Doctor Herbert Halsey in the Apothecarium in the Undercity.
- You’ll find Bena Winterhoof inside Bena’s Alchemy hut on the middle rise in Thunder Bluff.
- You’ll find Camberon in the Court of the Sun in Silvermoon City.
- You’ll find Tally Berryfizz in the shop Berryfizz’s Potions and Mixed Drinks in Tinker Town in Ironforge.
- You’ll find Lilyssia Nightbreeze in the Alchemy Needs shop in the Mage Quarter of Stormwind City.
- You’ll find Ainethil at the Craftsmen’s Terrace in Northern Darnassus, on the bottom floor.
- You’ll find Lucc in the Vault of Lights in the Exodar.
Outland 1 – 375
You will most likely start your leveling on the Hellfire Peninsula. So you probably won’t get past the trainers unless you want to ignore them yourself.
- Horde: Apothecary Antonivich will be waiting for you in Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula;
- Alliance: search for Alchemist Gribble in Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula;
- Also, both factions can learn it from Lorokeem in Shattrath City.
Northrend 1 – 450
As in Outland, you can find trainers in the main quest hubs of your faction in both starting locations.
- The first trainer able to take you to Grand Master will be Arthur Henslowe at Warsong Hold, Borean Tundra;
- If you prefer Howling Fjord, search for Wilhelmina Renel in the Vengeance Landing.
- In Howling Fjord, you should find Lanolis Dewdrop in the Valgarde;
- In Borean Tundra search for Falorn Nightwhisper in Valiance Keep.
And don’t forget about Linzy Blackbolt at Dalaran that always glad to see the characters of both factions.
Approximate materials required
This recommendation will save you time. Learn it attentively so as not to sell the materials you get during leveling that can be useful for your profession in the future (read our WotLK Classic Herbalism guide to learn more). Also, you can take this list and head to Auction House to get all ingredients for one time if you want.
|World of Warcraft Classic 1-300||Burning Crusade Classic 300-375||Wrath of the Lich King 375-450|
85x Empty Vial
105x Leaded Vial
5x Wild Steelbloom
15x Khadgar’s Whisker
100x Crystal Vial
45x Arthas’ Tears
65x Golden Sansam
20x Mountain Silversage
145x Imbued Vial
15x Golden Sansam / 15x Dreamfoil / 15x Mountain Silversage (you only need 15 from one)
45x Dreaming Glory
|31x Talandra’s Rose
5x Pygmy Suckerfish
35x Tiger Lily
35x Adder’s Tongue
56x Saronite Bar
5x Dark Jade, 5x Huge Citrine, 5x Eternal Fire/
5x Bloodstone, 5x Chalcedony, 5x Eternal Air
19х Enchanted Vial
15x Frost Lotus
45x Pygmy Oil
45x Crystallized Life
WotLK Classic Alchemy Leveling
Now you are fully prepared to see the detailed list of all steps you need to get the maximum Alchemy level.
|1-60||65x Minor Healing Potion (65 Peacebloom, 65 Silverleaf, 65 Empty Vial)|
All these pots will be useful to you later, keep all of them.
Journeyman Alchemy 1 – 140
In order to learn Journeyman Alchemy, your character must be level 10.
|65-110||65x Lesser Healing Potion (65 Minor Healing Potion, 65 Briarthorn)|
|110-140||35x Healing Potion (35 Bruiseweed, 35 Briarthorn, 35 Leaded Vial)|
Expert Alchemy 140 – 210
Expert Alchemy requires level 20 character.
|140-155||20x Lesser Mana Potion (20 Mageroyal, 20 Stranglekelp, 20 Empty Vial)|
|155-185||35x Greater Healing Potion (35 Liferoot, 35 Kingsblood, 35 Leaded Vial)|
|185-210||30x Elixir of Agility (30 Stranglekelp, 30 Goldthorn, 30 Leaded Vial)|
Artisan Alchemy 210 – 300
You must be level 35 to learn Artisan Alchemy.
|210-215||5x Elixir of Greater Defense (5 Wild Steelbloom, 5 Goldthorn, 5 Leaded Vial)|
|215-230||15x Superior Healing Potion (15 Sungrass, 15 Khadgar’s Whisker)|
|230-265||45x Elixir of Detect Undead (45 Arthas’ Tears, 45 Crystal Vial)|
|265-285||30x Superior Mana Potion (60 Sungrass, 60 Blindweed, 30 Crystal Vial)|
|285-300||20x Major Healing Potion (40 Golden Sansam, 20 Mountain Silversage, 20 Crystal Vial)|
Master Alchemy 300 – 350
You can get access to Master Alchemy at level 50.
15x Volatile Healing Potion (15 Golden Sansam, 15 Felweed, 15 Imbued Vial) /
|315-330||25x Elixir of Healing Power (25 Golden Sansam, 25 Dreaming Glory, 25 Imbued Vial)|
|330-335||5x Elixir of Draenic Wisdom (5 Terocone, 5 Felweed, 5 Imbued Vial)|
|335-340||5x Super Healing Potion (10 Netherbloom, 5 Felweed, 5 Imbued Vial)|
|340-350||10x Super Mana Potion (20 Dreaming Glory, 10 Felweed, 10 Imbued Vial)|
WotLK Alchemy 350 – 450
In order to learn Master Alchemy, your character must be level 65.
When you complete all these steps, you can craft potions that can impress even Severus Snape. Good luck in Northrend, and don’t forget to give feedback if our WotLK Alchemy guide was helpful for you!