Last week, the Bungie development team released a huge post about all the changes awaiting the Guardians in Season 21 in The Final Shape, which have made their way into Lightfall right now. In addition to details about the changes in ranks, Lost Sectors, Legendary and Master activities, options for buildcrafting and other interesting things that we can expect, we were extremely interested in the topic of Focusing Exotic Armor.
D2 Exotic Armor Focus
Now some details we were able to find out. Exotic Armor Focusing will be available in Season 21 from Rahool. Decrypting an engram without focusing will still be available at Rahool for free. But when it comes to focusing specifically, it is assumed that all Exotic Engrams, except those that are dropped when performing actions for which Exotics are given, will no longer be automatically decrypted. Instead, they will be sent to your engram inventory and then there are two ways to focus them at two different tiers: Advanced and Precision decryption.
Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Advanced Decryption
The first option, Advanced Decryption, suggests that you can focus the Exotic Engram on a particular release, be it Shadowkeep, Beyond Light or The Witch Queen, etc. Cost will be:
- 1 Exotic Engram;
- 1 Ascendant Shard;
- 30,000 Glimmer.
You should keep in mind here that all Exotic items that came out with seasonal releases are always included in the previous year’s set.
Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Precision Decryption
The second option, Precision Decryption, allows you to focus directly on a concrete Exotic armor. Which, of course, might be more convenient, but the cost will obviously be higher, too:
- 1 Exotic Engram;
- 3 Ascendant Shards;
- 60,000 Glimmer;
- 1 Exotic Cipher.
And to avoid the possible dudgeon over the excessive cost with an Exotic Cipher, Bungie assure that they plan to raise the Exotic Cipher stack limit from one to five.
Of course, don’t forget that you can’t get new Exotic Armor items by focusing. Now you have to acquire them in the Vex Strike Force event or Lost Sectors Farm, which may change in the future. In a way, this is good news, because even Bungie admits that now it is quite difficult content.
Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Focusing FAQ
How do you farm Exotic Armor?
There are several ways to get Exotic Armor in Destiny 2, but the main ones are farming Legendary and Master Lost Sectors and Vex Strike Force events, each with its own benefits and drawbacks.
|Vex’s Strike Force event|
What Stats Should I Focus on Exotic Armor?
First of all, it’s important to understand that the choice of stats depends on your build and whether you’re a PvP or PvE player. But there are basic, best stats: Discipline for all game modes, Recovery for PvP, Resilience for PvE. In addition to these three, the Mobility stat is popular, especially for controller users.
- Discipline decreases grenade cooldowns which are important for all activities.
- Recovery improves your HP and shield regeneration rate, allowing you to re-engage enemies in PvP much more quickly.
- Resilience gives a huge amount of damage resistance in PvE, allowing you to take a lot more damage before you die.
- Mobility is used by Hunters to reduce their Dodge cooldown. It also increases strafe speed to help with peak shooting in PvP.
Intellect and Strength are rarely used because they either have no effect on anything, or they can be compensated by class abilities and Exotic Armor.
High Stat Armor Focusing
Don’t forget to use the armor focusing Ghost mods to increase the chance of getting the desired stat split. Ghost Shell mods will help to get the disered main stat and more chances to obtain a perfect stat distribution, so they will not only help to obtain armor with higher stats above 10+, but will also serve their purpose when you focus it.
Currently, some players who have returned to the game after more than a two-year break or who have just starting to play Destiny 2 are experiencing some difficulties with getting ghost mods, but we expect that to be fixed soon.
Best PvP and PvE Exotic Armor
So, we’re all looking forward to the upcoming updates and the ability to focus so many people’s much-loved armor pieces. Here are some best S-tier Exotics for each class:
Best Exotic Armor for Titan
- Heart of Inmost Light PvE+PvP (Neutral)
- Dunemarchers PvP (Neutral)
- Wormgod Caress PvE (Neutral)
- Synthoceps PvE+PvP (Neutral)
- Peacekeepers PvP (Neutral)
- One-Eyed Mask PvP (Neutral)
- Loreley Splendor Helm PvE+PvP (Solar)
Best Exotic Armor for Warlock
- Ophidian Aspect PvP (Neutral)
- Sunbracers PvE (Solar)
- Necrotic Grip PvE (Neutral)
- Lunafaction Boots PvE (Solar)
- Starfire Protocol PvE (Solar)
- Osmiomancy Gloves PvE+PvP (Stasis)
- Transversive Steps PvE+PvP (Neutral)
Best Exotic Armor for Hunter
- Star-Eater Scales PvE (Neutral)
- Omnioculus PvE+PvP (Void)
- Assassin’s Cowl PvE (Neutral)
- St0mp-EE5 PvP (Neutral)
- Renewal Grasps PvE (Stasis)
- Caliban’s Hand PvE (Solar)
- Gyrfalcon’s Hauberk PvE+PvP (Void)
- Young Ahamkara’s Spine PvP (Neutral)
Okay, that’s all you need to know about the upcoming changes and the Exotic Armor Focusing, and Overgear.com is always happy to help with this or any other problem!