Overgear respects the right of its users and takes responsibility by keeping private data confidential.
We pledge to provide security and safety for any data we receive and to store and use it in
compliance with the current legislation and Overgear's User Agreement.
When creating an Overgear account you provide personal information and agree to us collecting
and processing your personal data by accepting the terms and conditions listed in our
Any provision of the current document is only valid on the Overgear website and
To address our Customer Service, you can use this Form or Overgear's online chat.
1. What Personal Data do we collect?
Overgear collects Users' Personal Data on a voluntary basis and in compliance with current Personal Data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP). Please review the following list of the Data we may request at certain stages of the sign-up proceedings or during your use of the website:
- Information necessary to create an account:
- e-mail or social media profiles.
- Information necessary to accredit a User as a Seller:
- First Name, Last Name;
- Phone Number.
- Data received in the course of your use of the Overgear website and services:
- Computer parameters and characteristics;
- IP-address and geographic position;
- Cookie files submitted by your browser;
- Hardware event data including those of any malfunctions and your activity on the website; also your browser type, properties and language settings, date and time of a request and the URL used to access the website.
- Information collected by the e-mail newsletter service provider;
- We reserve the right to store payment information
provided by the User in the course of actualizing transactions on the website in order to
act on Guarantor and Transaction Safety provisions as per User Agreement. The term Payment
Information includes only the payment amount, transaction date and number and contact details
necessary to identify a payment.
- We do not store data regarding your bank cards or any
other payment system used by you to pay for services on our website.
In case a User loses access to their Overgear account or in the case of conflict between Users, Overgear Customer Service is entitled to request a photocopy/scan/photo of an ID (citizen passport, driver's license) to validate registration data or the User's rightful possession of the Overgear account.
2. Why does Overgear collect and store Personal Data?
The key reason for us requiring that Users provide their Personal Data is to deliver services.
It ensures complete access to the website's full functional capacity, including finalizing
transactions and transferring money from the Overgear-Wallet balance to any payment system
or personal bank accounts. Additionally, it ensures the ability to receive personalized
newsletters. This is only possible with access to User's Personal Data.
All the Personal Data is stored and regulated in compliance with the current data storing and processing legislation. Overgear's Personal Data storage and processing controller is registered at LV-1050, 17, Elijas street, Riga, Latvia.
3. How does Overgear use your Personal Data?
- Due to the received Data, we can:
- ensure the safety of your Wallet balance in relation to deals and transactions;
- provide the option for website Users to interact with each other to make deals;
- provide full-scale technical and customer support, and solve and regulate conflicts between Parties emerging during their interaction;
- inform you about any changes regarding: the website's work, your order progress, promotional activities, offers, discounts, a dispute being started against a User, and measures and sanctions that can be applied to your User Account;
- get a better understanding of your preferences to generate personal offers and inform you via e-mail.
Overgear reserves the right to share your Personal Data with its partner companies, payment systems and Overgear-controlled services and websites. Your Personal Data can also be submitted to the law enforcement agencies provided a proper request supported by necessary paperwork. Your geographic position may be shared with our advertising partners.
4. What Personal Data can be published on our website and in User Profiles?
To provide User interaction, only the following information is
revealed for the public: your nickname, your Profile's personal rating and reviews left by other
Users, the total number of deals and the rate of successfully completed deals.
5. Overgear protects your Personal Data
We enforce a strict Personal Data Protection policy and provide the security of that data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection legislation. All Personal Data received by the website is stored in a separate, secure server and is processed automatically. Your Personal Data may only be accessed to provide services to you, and to improve the quality in compliance with the objectives listed in Provision 3 of the current document, provided all other means of data processing are impossible. All Overgear staff have undergone training and follow the informational security regulations necessary when working with Users' data. We employ up-to-date means to prevent anyone from stealing or gaining unsanctioned access to your Personal Data. Nevertheless, in case our security system is hacked and Personal Data are stolen, we do not bear any material responsibility. Any payment operations are conducted solely through payment service providers' secure gateways.
6. Users' rights regarding their Personal Data and the website
- Every Overgear User can:
- correct their Personal Data provided during the sign-up proceedings or to verify their account. To do that, contact our Customer Service. If the Customer Services rules your claim legitimate and reasonable, your request will be granted.
- limit the use of Personal Data irrelevant for service provision and using our website. For example, you can cancel your subscription to newsletters, personal offers, promotional activities, and personalized content, but keep your subscription to important notification on at any moment.
- delete all the Personal Data provided by you during the sign-up proceedings and collected by us in the course of your utilization of our website and services. When a corresponding request is filed, all the Personal Data including User's e-mail, Cookies, IP-address and computer parameters are deleted from our servers. The exception is the history of your deals, disputes and Customer Service addresses as this information is related to at least one Party and cannot be deleted without the consent of all the Parties involved. This operation entails termination of any collaboration with the User since any further service provision to them is impossible.
- request the complete list of Personal Data used by Overgear. You are entitled to learn what personal information we have and how it is being utilized. Once we receive a request from you and verify you as the claimer, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection, we will grant your request within 30 days.
- transfer your Personal Data within Overgear as well as out of its limits. Transferring any User Personal Data by personal request is regulated by the personal data legislation. Transferring any Personal Data to a third party without saving it and providing the access to it necessary for providing services is considered a Personal Data deletion and entitles us to terminate our services to you with no notice. Providing technical accessibility to User's Personal Data in order to receive our services in case of a data transfer to a third party is the responsibility of the User.
Overgear staff follows the Personal Data legislation and has no right to change your Personal Data without your consent.
Overgear Users are entitled to post content and links to outside resources. Their actions
are regulated by the User Agreement, and our Customer Service monitors the adherence of its
Provisions. For that reason, one of the measures taken by us to provide Users' Personal Data
security is upon detection deleting any user-posted links or content posing security risks for
other users. We do not re-moderate any posted products or auctions and do not moderate Users'
That is why we disclaim any responsibility and direct or indirect liability to the User in case they are subject to any damage or Overgear account data theft occurring when they follow an external link posted by another User on the website, in the online chat, in the comments or any associated resources.
Overgear is not associated with any external resource and is not obliged to repair any possible loss entailed by any action taken on an external resource.